Sunderland post match thread

Re: Martin Atkinson

oakiecokie said:
strongbowholic said:
I've slept on this but having got up, I still feel the same way...

I thought he was the best defender on the pitch last night.

The way he managed to break down so many of our attacks, why he made the great Bobby Moore look like Alan Kernaghan. The subtly of his cheating by blowing for the most innocuous looking challenges made him a real credit to his profession and he must be very proud this morning.

That was some level of blatant cheating last night. I thought Brown's assault on Aguero (from where I was stood) warranted a red but I thought "nah, he'll only get a yellow from this twat" and wow, not even a free kick!

Yet another on the long list of luminaries who should not be allowed near a fucking whistle.

Out and out cheat.

I was left screaming obscenities at this twat last night and likewise being in the CB3 last night,where the Brown incident on Sergio could clearly be seen as a straight red.
Don`t know who was worse him or Jimmy but in the cold light of day I certainly would not blame Atkinson for our defeat.
I would put that down to most players not having the bottle for a good old fashioned fight,something which Sunderland showed in abundance.

I do the exact same every time he refs us. The reason I started the other thread is because I genuinely feel he is anti-City, he does his best to derail us in games every time he refs us. Utter twat, nobody else in football gets me more wound up than this bastard. Obviously shit reffing but instead of the FA doing their best to make sure refs are reffing at a high standard they protect them by banning and fining anyone who speaks out about a refs performance

There was a few times last night where milner or fern was found in space around the edge and opted for the pass out wide. Take a touch, set the ball and smash it!!

After last night and Liverpool on Sunday and Chelsea at home and away and Arsenal away, I think that we have to accept that we are simply not good enough to win the league with these players playing this formation and style of football. Titles are built on a very good defence and whilst the swashbuckling style of the early part of the season was great to watch, we always looked dodgy at the back under pressure and in the second half of the season, that's come home to roost. Add to that regular gaffs by Hart, Kompany and Demichelis, a loss of form from our strikers, injuries and the distraction of the World Cup and we become 'also rans'. Unfortunately, the rot that has effected us doesn't seem to have effected Chelsea and Liverpool the same way. It's fine lines, we're not far behind, but a miss as they say, is as good as a mile.

There's always next season.

Hung said:
After last night and Liverpool on Sunday and Chelsea at home and away and Arsenal away, I think that we have to accept that we are simply not good enough to win the league with these players playing this formation and style of football. Titles are built on a very good defence and whilst the swashbuckling style of the early part of the season was great to watch, we always looked dodgy at the back under pressure and in the second half of the season, that's come home to roost. Add to that regular gaffs by Hart, Kompany and Demichelis, a loss of form from our strikers, injuries and the distraction of the World Cup and we become 'also rans'. Unfortunately, the rot that has effected us doesn't seem to have effected Chelsea and Liverpool the same way. It's fine lines, we're not far behind, but a miss as they say, is as good as a mile.

Affected. oh, and you missed out company.

Was it only me who noticed being more or less rugby tackled in the box, just before Nasri missed that chance at the end?

Sigh said:
Hung said:

Apologies - that's what you get from a Comprehensive education in Gorton. Then again, I suppose I didn't get buggered in the dorm by the older boys after my English Grammar lessons. Ho hum, you can't have everything.

Hung said:

You have a point. We had chances v Norwich, Arsenal & Liverpool to go top or pile on the pressure, before last night's fuck up and we blew it every time.
We can have no complaints.

Hung said:
Sigh said:
Hung said:

Apologies - that's what you get from a Comprehensive education in Gorton. Then again, I suppose I didn't get buggered in the dorm by the older boys after my English Grammar lessons. Ho hum, you can't have everything.

Lots of people who have had a comprehensive education in Cedar Mount, Wright Robinson or anywhere else, can spell correctly

AZUL said:
Hung said:
Sigh said:

Lots of people who have had a comprehensive education in Cedar Mount, Wright Robinson or anywhere else, can spell correctly

Spelling is over rated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.