Sunderland post match thread

How does that work? Two tellys and one eye on each?

looks-fine-to-me.jpg

shame Manone saved that effort from Silva when he linked up with De Bruyne. That goal would have been magical.

First half the link up play going forward was vastly better than what it has been of late, i'm not entirely convinced it wasn't just because Sunderland were absolutely abysmal and allowed us to do whatever we wanted though. But still, you can only play against what's infront of you and credit is deserved for a much better first half. Also, the criticism of Bony is ridiculous. Yes he missed a penalty and another gaping chance to score but he was fantastic in the first half, his movement was good, link up play was excellent and you saw the threat he poses when we actually put a few crosses in the box for him to attack, Play to his strengths and he'll deliver more often than not. His goal was superb.

Second half, everyone fell back into their usual patterns and we played like we have done since September and we were shit, Bony included but no worse than the rest. I'm hoping the main reason for that was simply energy conservation when the game's already won and we're playing again in 3 days time.

Kompany coming off put a huge downer on the game. He's finished as a top player now i fear.

Overall, periods of very good football, mixed in with the same old problems we've had all season and no signs of it changing. Think we need to get used to that for the rest of the season. I anticipate we'll win enough games like today to mask over the glaring problems that become apparent when we suffer defeats like Arsenal/Stoke. We're in for a frustrating second half of the season.

All games are available to stream live so you can have City on the TV, any other game on the connected device and watch both.

Yeah I know mate. I could of had all the matches on at once if I wanted. I could of had City and Pool game on my telly side by each if I wanted. Just not sure why anyone would.
I actually recorded the Pool match on case there's nothing on later.

Great win, very comfortable.
Joy to watch in the first half especially. No one played badly. Sterling was very good, should've got that penalty; the one we were given I thought was slightly out the box. But a nice headed goal to kick us off. Yaya with consecutive great goals, no one does it like him. Bony was doing very well, enjoyed those little headers between himself and Touré and his goal was brilliant. Sadly the penalty and the other miss were pretty awful. Silva was maybe 70% but still a wizard and De Bruyne definitely motm thought he was sensational today. Two pin-point crosses; loved the bit of skill where he turned, dragged the ball back and poked it through the guy's legs; well deserved goal and if only David had finished his flair pass would've been gorgeous.
Still devastated to see Kompany go off after just coming back. As far as I saw he overstretched a little and it did look like he somewhat twisted his calf. Really sad to see Pellegrini confirming he's injured. I don't have any problems with him coming on if he did train normally through the week, the game was very easy. Hate how much I've said this: just hope he's back soon.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.