Sunderland post match thread

First half the link up play going forward was vastly better than what it has been of late, i'm not entirely convinced it wasn't just because Sunderland were absolutely abysmal and allowed us to do whatever we wanted though. But still, you can only play against what's infront of you and credit is deserved for a much better first half. Also, the criticism of Bony is ridiculous. Yes he missed a penalty and another gaping chance to score but he was fantastic in the first half, his movement was good, link up play was excellent and you saw the threat he poses when we actually put a few crosses in the box for him to attack, Play to his strengths and he'll deliver more often than not. His goal was superb.

Second half, everyone fell back into their usual patterns and we played like we have done since September and we were shit, Bony included but no worse than the rest. I'm hoping the main reason for that was simply energy conservation when the game's already won and we're playing again in 3 days time.

Kompany coming off put a huge downer on the game. He's finished as a top player now i fear.

Overall, periods of very good football, mixed in with the same old problems we've had all season and no signs of it changing. Think we need to get used to that for the rest of the season. I anticipate we'll win enough games like today to mask over the glaring problems that become apparent when we suffer defeats like Arsenal/Stoke. We're in for a frustrating second half of the season.

Second half we were shit?

Translation: You Bertie massive cunts should never have let Edin go. Serves you right. I hope Giggsy wins the treble.

Ha ha. Don't fret dear. I think he will get a treble this season ...

1. Most God awful team to watch this season.
2. 2015-16 under achievers Award.
3. Worst management team in the Prem.

Second half we were shit?

Shit is probably too strong but we fell back into the same predictable going nowhere football that we've produced for the majority of the season. Like i said, hopefully it was just good game management and saving ourselves for Leicester.

Should have been a lot more. Cattermole is a horrible, sneaky dirty **** - the game would be better if cunts like him would just fuck off.

I might have had a bit too much Christmas cheer but think it's about time we looked to the future. Watching Rags at dinnertime was very impressed with Jack Butland, he is the future of English goalies and I think we should try our hardest to sign, and play him. if Joe shows his arse then get rid. We would be no worse off with Butland and Willie than we are now with Joe. If Joe buckles down well we are quids in. Second, Denayer should be recalled in January, he should be played in every game beside either Otamendi or Mangala, sadly it looks grim for Vinney and we cannot afford sentiment, we need to bed him in. We are not getting the best out of De Bruyner out wide , I know it's a big call but he could be our new Colin Bell, a box to box goal scorer, but can he do it with Yaya and Spanish Dave there? bye bye Yaya I'm afraid, play either the two Ferds or Delphh + one of them and let Kev run riot. Up front is Wilf Bony cutting it, No! play Kelchi and and is Sergio a 35-40 game a year man? No, he wins the Golden Boot but he would break all goal scoring records, and I would love it if he did, if he played in 3/4 of our matches, we need to break the bank for another striker, who? is the 64 thousand dollar question but shirley our scouting staff should have someone on the radar. I know I'm pushing it a bit but fuck istory lets plan our future

Hopefully only a minor setback for Vinny, but we need to buy a world class CB ASAP or we are going to exposed and punished by better teams than Sunderland

We bought the CB voted the best in Spain last season - not sure who we could realistically have bought who would be better. The high line we play does our defenders no favours. There is much made of how few goals we conceded with VK in the team but I think the whole team was playing at a higher level at the time and teams were terrified of us. IMO we have the players (especially if Denayer comes back) and just need to get them used to the league and playing in a system that does not expose them so much.

Other things - Sterling should practice firing in the occasional cross with his left - it would make defenders far more uncertain against him. What was Bony thinking when he wanted to take the pen? - he had already scored so no drought to break, little kudos if he had scored and lots of negatives if he did not. It should have gone to KdB who after two assists and a goal could have mis-kicked it into Joe's goal and been forgiven.

Nice to get a comprehensive win but some donwnsides (VK and no clean sheet) take the edge off. Things will be far rosier if Arse drop some points.

Great play by Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne. With a fully fit Aguero back to his best in front of them we could have been in double figures. Unfortunately we've got Bony who's getting more and more like Dzeko every game. He now needs five clear cut chances for one goal. To be fair, he did well with the goal he did score but the other chances were easier. He's managing to prove his critics right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.