Sunderland post match thread

I think City played how I expected them to, a promising performance from a team that are still getting used to their new managers methods...it's going to take time. By Christmas, I expect City to be very dangerous, irrespective of where they may be positioned in the league at that point...was very impressed with Stone dog today, I think he is going to become the real lynchpin of this side in terms of making Guardiola's plan work. If he were to get injured, I'm not sure who else could play that role and make it work for them

Actually Alecks, Delph, Stones, and Sagna all made the wrong decision. It was shit defending, I agree, but my point is that we didn't get beaten for the goal because the other team was consistently better than us, even making all the right decision. We were beaten because of a confluence of bad choices. And decision making is one of the few things that can be most directly managed/modified in a person (most other things can only be amplified, not changed).

It's a positive as it can be trained out with the right work.
Sorry but I've been one of Stones' biggest critics, always thought he was lightweight and too passive, refuse to criticise him for that goal. he did everything he could to stop the pass being played.

Scrappy win,

Stones, Sterling and Aguero outstanding and carried us.

Navas changed the game in our favour.

Long way to go yet.

We just scraped a 2-1 home win against probably the worst side in the league, it's acceptable as we need time to get going but I wouldn't fill out a form for a bank holiday for it tbh.

Optimistic that today will be one of our worst performances this season.
Aguero was poor I thought.

Christ give over will ya. Some people are just Kolarov obsessed. He had a good game at cb. Deal with it.

I don't agree with the motm claims and gave my reasons as to why, he had a decent game but he isn't a revelation, people getting carried away, that's my view.

The TV half time analysis was interesting. They had never seen the two fullbacks essentially move together into midfield. I really like that idea, but to me Sagna doesn't look comfortable doing it, whereas Clichy does.

I thought Stones was fantastic all things considered, and even Kolarov played well.

Pep is going to have to figure out how to break down the bus, that's for sure. The model of Sunderland is how most teams will try and play us. All things considered three points is three points. We are all on a steep learning curve with the Master!

Sterling, kolorov, stones, fernandinho excellent.
Silva, Nolito good.
Aguero, Kdb rusty.
Sagna, Clichy not sure what they're roles were but thought they did alright.
Willy did what he was told. Is he a good keeper? Not sure.

None of the subs were game changers and that is what Sane and Gundogan will give us. No matter if they start or not. Delphi did okay being his energetic self. If iheanacho wasn't selfish should have gotten the goal to seal it.
Navas was Navas.
Iheanacho not sure. Great positioning, but needs to be aware of the players around him could have teed Delph up for an easy goal.

Patchy performance but really encouraging signs, 3 points and lots of positives.

No more half arsed, no effort performances and getting out worked by shite teams, we will be something special when it clicks.

Happy as fuck overall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.