Sunderland post match thread

Good result for us considering what Pep is trying to instil into the team will be great to see us firing on all cylinders soon.............

Is anyone else concerned we may be playing on tired legs for the champions league come Tuesday?
Not really, unless we stupidly due heavy training sessions between now and then. Muscle-retention and tactics training till then should see us perfectly fresh.

I assumed that there would be growing pains w/ players out of position, new faces and a new system. But getting three points in a match like that is the difference between winning a title and not.

I thought he did really well. Not able to fully assess his defensive game due to the incredible difference in the way the whole team played, was looking at so many things & will have to watch it again. Thought Kolarov was outstanding for most of the game. Fair play to him.

Most organised I've seen us since Bob's title year. Silva & DeBruyne stopping counter attacks, Silva blocking people at corner kicks ! Clichy & Sagna taking turns to occupy centre mid. Sterling back to his Liverpool days.

Serge's impression of Bony with malaria was my only disappointment.
Agree apart from Aguero and I think Denayer would be ten times the player Alexs was today in that system.

Yes. The centre back kept reacting quicker than him he failed to attack the 6 yard box or near post & his shooting power was zero.
I agree, that is what I was getting at about disagreeing with his assertion that Aguero held on to the ball well. For me, that was the weakest part of his game today. He gave up the ball at least four or five times facing our own goal, several with not much pressure.

I think it is just rust and lack of through balls being feed through, as I said before, though.

Sterling motm for me. Kolarov did well too. Thought we struggled to break them down. A lot of possession but little end-product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.