Sunderland post match thread

Lots of positives here. I love how we dominated possession, how everyone looked like they were giving it their all. Will be amazing when it all clicks, for now, I'm happy with 3 points.

Best players: Sterling, Dinho, Stones

Nah he did his job in closing down, Kolarov should have been ballside when the pass was played, put a centre half in there and you'll have a different result. Pleasantly surprised by Stones today.
I was pleased with Stones on the whole, as well, but for me he definitely contributed there as the Sunderland player was already being closed down and stepping forward just gave the lane to pass in (albeit between the legs). But Kolarov did start it all, before Delph inexplicably decided to step centre circle side of the next Sunderland player allowing him to turn on goal, feeding whoever it was that put in the ball for Defoe, when Sagna was caught in two minds letting Defoe touch the ball forward nearly unhindered.

I think we generally agree... Aside from your post about Aguero holding up the ball well, that is. ;-)

Well played Aleks Kolarov - great performance.

Lost our way a bit at times, but that's understandable at this stage. Subs were a downgrade and I think it showed - Delph and Navas for Nolito and Silva (although Navas did pretty well). I would have brought Fernando on instead of Delph myself, but can see why he thought it would be a less 'defensive' option.

Once playing this way comes naturally to this group we will be in great shape.

Fascinating to watch. Will take a while for the team to fully implement what Pep wants but exciting taster of what is to come. A great 3 points today.

Obvious why Pep wants a new keeper. Now we don't lose possession when our GK has the ball. 82% possession in the second half!

Really happy

Can only get better. Minutes away from dropping points to a poor sunderland team . How lucky is nollito to be playing for city.? Joe should be reinstated too. A similar performance against anyone decent and we get stuffed . We carried fuck all threat throughout. Thats got to change and hopefully will, sooner rather tgan latet.

I was pleased with Stones on the whole, as well, but for me he definitely contributed there as the Sunderland player was already being closed down and stepping forward just gave the lane to pass in (albeit between the legs). But Kolarov did start it all, before Delph inexplicably decided to step centre circle side of the next Sunderland player allowing him to turn on goal, feeding whoever it was that put in the ball for Defoe, when Sagna was caught in two minds letting Defoe touch the ball forward nearly unhindered.

I think we generally agree... Aside from your post about Aguero holding up the ball well, that is. ;-)

I thought he was poor.

Brought energy and, didnt give the ball away and got the assist for the winning goal. That Navas ?

Yes that Navas. I feel like Navas always brings energy and rarely gives the ball over. It's just his final ball and complete lack of a goal threat brings him down. Today he gave what I would consider a normal cross to an area and it just happened to lead to a goal. I don't think he picked out his man which is a typical Navas assist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.