Sunderland post match thread

Not due to his performance though, he played well, gonna be very important this season
He really is an arse. I can take different opinions, but I won't suffer a fool with uninformed ones.

Did he not watch the game at the ground?

Wilfried BonyVerified account‏@wilfriedbony
Good 3 points

CpwutIDWAAAktPZ.jpg

Positives were Dinho, Sterling and thought we used the ball well in our own half/centre of the pitch.

Negatives, we didn't create much at all, didn't carry a threat and looked like most of our attackers had just come back from 2 weeks in Napa.

Going forward I'm terrified at the prospect of Kolarov, Clichy, Sagna and Willy trying to play fairly risky but precise passes under pressure against good sides who actually know how to press. In other words, as much as its exciting to stock pile youngsters for the future, we need improvements in a number of areas within the starting 11. Don't let a composed Kolarov performance fool you into thinking he's a long term solution. Likewise for Clichy and Sagna, who both lack the ability and speed of thought of Lahm or Alaba. Willy looks like an accident waiting to happen still so hopefully a keeper is on his way.

Overall delighted with the win, not too disheartened by the performance given how obvious it is that about 20-25% of the starting 11 aren't suitable for the system. I'll only be disheartened if we don't act on these problems. A win is a win but surprisingly decent performances by average squad members shouldn't fool anyone into thinking they are good enough for where we want to be.

Beating possibly the worst team in the Premier League by a penalty and an own goal is not something to get excited about.

It is if you are a City fan which you're obviously not looking at your 37 posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.