Sunderland post match thread

If you watched that match and didn't find any encouragement a clear visable difference to the Pellegrini way throughout the whole match then you weren't paying attention, it's not just about goals the movement was great at times and they'll get even better at it and more clinical with the end product.

It was also very comfortable viewing compared to how it was at times last season aside from a few mistakes that put us in danger but I'll take that because it's all in the players hands. Even when they equalized at first I thought oh here we go they tried their hardest to swing the momentum and make the most of it winning some corners but we were still bossing them, controlling the game having our own way. Not only did we deserve the goal that came but if Kelechi squared it we'd have scored 2 in the last 10 mins, last season they'd have ran out of ideas and let them run down the clock till we get desperate, it felt different.
Agreed, we had a greater control over the game than anything I've seen for the last 18 months or so. The let down was in the final third but I'm sure that will come with fitness.

Really impressed with the build up play at times from the back. Dihno dropping deep, fullbacks pushing up but moving inside creating space outwde for the wide players. Stones really impressive on the ball considering he only had about 3 days training with the rest of the team. Silva good as always, Dihno immense and sterling looking like a player whose manager has taken the shackles off.
Some players not up to speed notably Kdb, kun a little sluggish at times but had far greater work rate, bonito with glimpses but struggled at time. Think kolorov played ok but clearly against better teams would hugely struggle as the times he was put under pressure he got away with a few cynical shoulder charges. Caballero few shakey kicks as well but some good moments (still don't think he should be in for hart as nothing he did today hart couldn't do and although the goal, hart spreads himself better in those situations and may have saved it ( tough one to call at the moment tho)

Will be amazing to see the team with kompany and gudongan in it as well, plus yaya if he does play and a fit and firing Kdb and sane. Lots of work to do as well for pep but step one done

I guess people see different things in a game. I watched the game (on TV, admittedly) with a fellow Blue, whom I'd never met before. First sub, we said 'get Silva off', thought he was doing not very much. Thought Aguero was also peripheral.
Umpteen pretty passes when we went sideways and backwards, bugger all when trying to create a goalscoring opportunity. Football is all about the one and only way of scoring; putting the ball in the onion bag. Rarely looked like it. In Rugby you can do that. You dominate territory, you get kickable penalties, it eventually forces the opposition to open up.
We both predicted the equaliser, sure as eggs is eggs. Lucky to get 3 points. I'll take it, however.
That is not to say it won't get better. I'm sure it will. However, anybody that thought that was an 'impressive' performance was watching a different game to me and the bloke I watched it with.

Lots to be excited about, the tactics and player positioning was unreal at times, with the additions to come in, I genuinely think we'll be far superior to anything in the league..

Well done raheem, keep shutting people the fuck up!!
The commentary team on BT were bemused couldn't believe their eyes :)

In that system I can wait to see Gungogan. I also thing the CB need to run with the ball to open space. If the fullbacks are going to become midfielders they need to be a little better with the ball. Sterling did well as did Ferdy and Kolorov. A very good debut by Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.