Sunderland post match thread

Lots to be excited about, the tactics and player positioning was unreal at times, with the additions to come in, I genuinely think we'll be far superior to anything in the league..

Well done raheem, keep shutting people the fuck up!!

I was very happy that we looked much more organised, brave and committed than last season, even after they scored.

Thought KDB had a really off day, but when he is back on it the creativity will be there.

At one point well into the second half we had had 83% possession, and if they hadn't scored when they did I felt we would have won comfortably, they were starting to look really ragged and showing the effect of chasing the ball for so long.

Also thought we passed it around pretty comfortably at the back despite our CB's never having played together before and one of them never having played a competitive game as CB.

Definitely not a match to get excited about nor to start the moaning. It's so obvious we need time you couldn't expect anything different than what you saw today.

Pep learned more about today's match than all four preseason outings.

Positives:
Kolarov. Yes get over it. He will not leave and Pep likes him.
Sterling. Although this is a small time opponent and he needs to start showing it in big matches as well.
Stones. Comfortable and adult like performance. Kompany beware.

We'll get better step by step. So far 3p. 100%.

If you watched that match and didn't find any encouragement a clear visable difference to the Pellegrini way throughout the whole match then you weren't paying attention, it's not just about goals the movement was great at times and they'll get even better at it and more clinical with the end product.

It was also very comfortable viewing compared to how it was at times last season aside from a few mistakes that put us in danger but I'll take that because it's all in the players hands. Even when they equalized at first I thought oh here we go they tried their hardest to swing the momentum and make the most of it winning some corners but we were still bossing them, controlling the game having our own way. Not only did we deserve the goal that came but if Kelechi squared it we'd have scored 2 in the last 10 mins, last season they'd have ran out of ideas and let them run down the clock till we get desperate risking conceding, it felt so different to me.

Bit hit and miss but overall I think there were lots of positives.

I thought Sterling was much better today, stones and Kolorov did well. I thought Caballerro did ok too.

Possession was good and patience paid off.

We didn't create that many clear chances but I think Aguero and de Bruyne both looked off the pace today.

The Sunderland goal was sloppy defending and our passing particularly second half was poor with the ball constantly going out.

I think if we are going to play out from the back, the midfielders need to move the ball more quickly when they get it. It was a bit pedestrian.

It will take 2/3 months to hit the heights for me so very glad of the 3 points against a hard working but very limited Sunderland.

Atmosphere awful and everyone leaving as we score just baffles me.

Positives : Stones looks comfortable on the ball . Sterling looked like his confidence is returning.
However we still moved the ball too slowly and there was too little movement up front to open up a massed defence.
Some square pegs in round holes today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.