Sunderland post match thread

I loved the game yesterday.

Much positives to be taken. The passing and pressing was good to watch.

Kolarov surprised me, Stones looked great and so did Sterling.

What I did like was that the whole team (including the subs) gathered In the centre circle and clapped the fans, not a big thing on the scale of things but for me It should help bring everyone 'together'

We'll fall back into the 3-4-3 formation a lot regardless of the starting one..The concept behind the 2 FBs in deep MF positions is to enable us remain compact since they don't have to offer width and run all the way back to recover.Whilst having numbers centrally and overloading the MF it also stretches the pitch at the same time.It also ensures that the FBs will always have a head start over the oppositions wingers in the event of counter attacks,which a lot of teams will try against us and our wingers ie.Sterling,Sane will have lots of joy skinning FBs outwide..3 points was all that mattered yesterday esp after a disrupted pre-season.When we click,we'll be irresistible.

considering the lack of preseason games that was a good result. The passing was a bit pedestrian, but that will come good as we get more games under our belt. Kun would benefit from a partner in the box imo, Silva and Kdb need to "gel" to maximise their effectiveness, that wil take a couple of games. There was effort and application all over the pitch, good team spirit, cant ask for more, although it seems some on here were disappointed, which is fair enough, expectations vary.
And so it begins, nine months of emotional torture, highs and lows, ecstasy and agony, just so glad to be a City fan........

I'm watching the game right now in a Mexican bar in Nagoya:

Apart from the odd mistake I honestly can't see what we've done that could've construed as bad. In fact the issues seem to be purely that we're unfamiliar with the type of football pep is asking for.
A bit of rustiness in our star players which will wear off shortly I'm sure.

The future looks bright though and the players are
Playing like they care again. It's great to see and right now before we get used to the system and the final players return to fitness is all we can ask.

Stones slipped in beautifully, given time he will be the future captain I'm sure of it
Also when was the last time we got an own goal in our favour when it mattered? This is good juju and I'm excited for the rest of the season.

Bring it on!

Because that's who we have at the moment and Pep will play the way he wants using players at his disposal.
The amount of people failing to see the bigger picture on here is mental. We could always get Manuel back and look forward to the good old 4-4-2.

Some of the responses are, to be polite, illuminating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.