Sunderland post match thread

Stones is clearly a very talented player and only 22. Sterling improved dramatically for me when he moved to the left wing in the second half.

After the kind of preseason that was forced on the club I was relieved by, and satisfied with the win. There were some very pleasing features. In particular our lads worked much harder and ran further than last season and this removed a long standing grievance. The tactical innovations were very positive and we were able to move forward as a unit, but, as yet, we can't move the ball anywhere near quickly enough to make Pep moderately satisfied and the lads will have to work hard on the training ground on this. Maybe as some of our lads get up to match sharpness this will improve and with some of our new lads coming in (notably Gundogan) this will improve anyway. It was this which meant we played in front of their back line too much and rarely brought Sergio into the game: the winner came from one of the few attacks when we got behind them.

So, ther will be more difficult tests than Sunderland but if we are up there after ten games I think the prospects for the rest of the season will be very bright indeed.

I know many people consider possession football boring, but I loved that we had 70% something possession and at one point over 80 lol. Yes we didnt create much, but that will come. Aguero and rest getting back to fitness, learning new system + Ilkay/Sane etc to come. I like complete domination through keeping ball. No more going to fucking Ukraine for el match and getting dominated.

Considering we have the best striker in the league it's very disappointing how little we get him the ball

I know many people consider possession football boring, but I loved that we had 70% something possession and at one point over 80 lol. Yes we didnt create much, but that will come. Aguero and rest getting back to fitness, learning new system + Ilkay/Sane etc to come. I like complete domination through keeping ball. No more going to fucking Ukraine for el match and getting dominated.

As opposed to...

Lets hope he improves massively with us and Pep, cause his defending for a CB is Mangala levels. Lol this also makes Pogba look like bargain

Cough cough...

There's a sterling one in there if I remember correctly!!

As opposed to...

Cough cough...

There's a sterling one in there if I remember correctly!!
If you really think Sterling is 50M player then you live in imaginary world, and Stones was at fault for goal cough cough...

That doesnt change the fact I want them to succeed here, and unlike most I dont slag our own players at every opportunity.

According to your logic we must blindly love every player we are linked with, yet its ok to call them different names when they are here (like Kolarov, Bony, Fernando, Hart etc)

Last edited:
If you really think Sterling is 50M player then you live in imaginary world, and Stones was at fault for goal cough cough...

That doesnt change the fact I want them to succeed here, and unlike most I dont slag our own players at every opportunity.

According to your logic we must blindly love every player we are linked with, yet its ok to call them different names when they are here (like Kolarov, Bony, Fernando, Hart etc)

No, my logic is you love possession based football, love it, yet mock the lad who has been brought in to apply it... That is the epitome of logic...

And don't pigeon hole me with your own insecurity... You see some follow a narrative of the media as they are unable to view a player without reinforcement from elsewhere... Sterling was hung out to dry by people like yourself because they lack any football intelligence other than what is fed..

Hey ho though, there is plenty to look forward to, I just love possession based football...

For me I witnessed the best tactical set up of a team I have ever seen on an English football pitch yesterday.

That being said I think you need the right players who are comfortable in possession to maximise the potential of such a set up and I think there are a few that will not be up to it.

The challenge for Pep will be finding the right players for the system.

Very exciting times.

For me I witnessed the best tactical set up of a team I have ever seen on an English football pitch yesterday.

That being said I think you need the right players who are comfortable in possession to maximise the potential of such a set up and I think there are a few that will not be up to it.

The challenge for Pep will be finding the right players for the system.

Very exciting times.

I thought the same mate (tactically)... It's been shoe horned a little as it was only little old Sunderland...

Such a relief to see the tactical naivety and lack of focus that characterised the Pellegrini era gone already. I'm excited at the prospect of what lies ahead and it's fantastic to have that feeling back again. Would have been a travesty if Sunderland had escaped with a point and I predict a hiding for someone once the team is settled and used to Pep's way of playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.