Sunderland post match thread

I was confused but it was really intersting to watch,i am usually a nervous wreck but nicely calm today
Only theees Karen. We deserved to finish 3-1 up and if we had nobody would be saying we "scraped it" we'll have tougher tests than Sunderland offered but we'll be creating any team in the Prem all sorts of problems as we get better at this style of play, hopefully controlling the game against anyone you can mention too.

Leroy Sané ‏@LeroySane19 7m7 minutes ago
Started the @premierleague season with a home win! I hope I can train with the team soon @ManCity #cityvsafc

Ilkay Gündogan and Manchester City
Cpw2cZPXYAAxfXo.jpg

87 retweets203 likes

Were we lucky to get 3 points or were they lucky to be in a position to get one?

Their goal was horribly predictable. We could both see it coming. We quite obviously needed a second. That would have killed it. Any PL side will get at least one chance like that in a game. They took it. No complaints. No luck about it. Football isn't boxing. You don't get scored by how many passes you complete across the back, or sideways in midfield. If it was, Arsenal would win it every year!
This is not what I think will happen all season (bleedin' hopefully), but just a reflection on this match. This is the post match thread, after all.

These two look like they've got a bit of a bond. Augurs well for what Pep is trying to do to foster team spirit and 'soul'. Maybe that's the most important thing about today's game: no one was standing with their hands on their hips, looking fed up with their colleagues or waving with frustration, even after giving away the goal. (Fabian was annoyed at the end, but understandably so.)

Definitely not a match to get excited about nor to start the moaning. It's so obvious we need time you couldn't expect anything different than what you saw today.

Pep learned more about today's match than all four preseason outings.

Positives:
Kolarov. Yes get over it. He will not leave and Pep likes him.
Sterling. Although this is a small time opponent and he needs to start showing it in big matches as well.
Stones. Comfortable and adult like performance. Kompany beware.

We'll get better step by step. So far 3p. 100%.

Perfect summary!

I'd just like to add that Willie had a very concentrated performance and a nice footwork. Well done.
Must have been a tough situation for Joe, but Willie has earned some credit though.

Some flappers on here; we won did we not with over 70% possession? Things will only improve and a good win over steau will hopefully make things confirmable for us in the playoff

Their goal was horribly predictable. We could both see it coming. We quite obviously needed a second. That would have killed it. Any PL side will get at least one chance like that in a game. They took it. No complaints. No luck about it. Football isn't boxing. You don't get scored by how many passes you complete across the back, or sideways in midfield. If it was, Arsenal would win it every year!
This is not what I think will happen all season (bleedin' hopefully), but just a reflection on this match. This is the post match thread, after all.
I don't disagree, however to say we were lucky to win, in my opinion can be countered by saying they were very lucky to be level. Football is about scoring goals. If we dominate games possession wise, our quality going forward means we will score goals. This is almost an entirely new way for us to play, it will take time. I don't think anyone can overestimate how different this set up is, from back to front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.