Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Peller is sticking to 4-2-3-1 then its time to start playing Sterling in the middle, whether that is in the number 10 role or as a second striker doesn't matter.

He is wasted out on a wing and cannot influence the game. Let Silva and De Brunye roam out wide and drift in, Sterling can make the runs from deep and create more space for the others.

Personally, I'd go guns blazing at this. No matter how we line up, there'll be certain defensive frailties, so I'd get the handbrake off, and try and get back to looking like a decent attacking side again - one that can blow teams away. I'd also sacrifice some of our width to try and get Yaya, Silva and De Bruyne much closer together.

------------------------Hart-----------------------------
Sagna-------Kompany--Mangala/Otamendi--Clichy
---------Fernandinho------Yaya-----------------
------Silva---------------------------De Bruyne----
-----------------Aguero---Sterling----------------

The alternative for me would be to aim to get back as close as possible to the way we played in the first five games, with Navas and Sterling out wide, and Silva in behind Aguero.

I agree. Their back line could probably handle Bony, but pace and movement should give them problems. Coates, O Shea and Kaboul I think. Not sure if Wes Brown is still playing for them.

Kdb passes as well as toure really??? I'd be resting as many as we can with 3 massive away games coming up!

If Kompany is fit start him with Mangala, it worked for the first five games.

We can't afford the beard to get a ban. The amount of cards needed increases after 1st Jan.

As for the team as a whole, they really need to get thier shit together and get some results before Pelli starts fucking about with the squad for bleeding CL games.

All in here please. They're struggling at the moment, so it should be a relatively comfortable home win but you never quite know with City these days.

Struggling? That is an insult to everyone since the day the world was formed who has struggled. If we are struggling then that is a significant improvement. We get the holy crap kicked out of us by everyone on a weekly basis and we ain't got a single solitary player who can do fook all about it. From the front to the back our team is riddled to the core with ineptitude. Players who can't pass water and couldn't tackle a bag of crisps. The lot of them are useless. And as for Sam Allardyce....jeez!

It will be some years before we ever come good. If we ever come good. Good enough to get points on the board consistently and become a regular mid-table team. Never mind Leicester City. We would struggle to emulate West Bromwich Albion!!

Struggling? That is an insult to everyone since the day the world was formed who has struggled. If we are struggling then that is a significant improvement. We get the holy crap kicked out of us by everyone on a weekly basis and we ain't got a single solitary player who can do fook all about it. From the front to the back our team is riddled to the core with ineptitude. Players who can't pass water and couldn't tackle a bag of crisps. The lot of them are useless. And as for Sam Allardyce....jeez!

It will be some years before we ever come good. If we ever come good. Good enough to get points on the board consistently and become a regular mid-table team. Never mind Leicester City. We would struggle to emulate West Bromwich Albion!!
Bloody hell you are not optimistic are you, have you not been watching City lately?

Looks like both sets of fans are going to the game expecting the worse.

You could hammer us with half a team playing and with their hands and feet shackled. You don't need the full XI. We beat ourselves.

A big win is a must,but I don't want to see you go down,and that's not because your on here,I want Villa/Norwich to go personally,and I've a soft spot for Sam as well,hope he keeps you up but it will be tough with looks of things for whoever gets that 3rd relegation spot.....Newcastle maybe ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.