Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world, we'd be resting a few players with one eye on Leicester. However, players like Silva, Aguero and Kompany need game time to get their sharpness back.

Still expecting some changes though. You can't play three games in seven days without some rotation.

I reckon we'll line up something like this:

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Delph
Toure
Navas
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

Rest a few for me

hart

sagna
demi
vinny
clichy

delph
yaya (45)
Navas
sterling

bony
nacho

give silva and sergio last 30 mins kdb the day day off and yaya and diniho 45each! That's what I would do! But imagine the reaction on here if pellers did that andnit backfired!

If Kompany is back, I would rest Otamendi with that yellow card in mind. One more and he misses Leicester and we can't lose that game.

It will take Kompany and Aguero a while to be their normal selves, but should inject a good deal of confidence into the City team having them line up together.

--------------------Hart
Sagna----Kompany---Mangala---Clichy
--Fernandinho--De Bruyne--Delph
--------Silva---Aguero----Sterling

De Bruyne passes it as well as Toure, and is more mobile so I'd play him where Toure has been playing, and bring on Toure with 30 mins to go.

Use Navas/Bony off the bench and maybe a defender if Kompany is only good for an hour

Surely Silva doesn't need resting, ffs! He's just getting back into his stride…
I'd love to see Iheanacho in this team. I think he could cause huge problems for Sunderland, honestly.
I agree. Their back line could probably handle Bony, but pace and movement should give them problems. Coates, O Shea and Kaboul I think. Not sure if Wes Brown is still playing for them.

I think Navas has to play
He brings energy and threat albeit lacks finishing. But this team is lethargic at best and if his energy spreads some one else can add quality.
Time to drop you're. Too slow and messes the flow of the game up
And please no bony.

I think Navas has to play
He brings energy and threat albeit lacks finishing. But this team is lethargic at best and if his energy spreads some one else can add quality.
Time to drop you're. Too slow and messes the flow of the game up
And please no bony.

Drop toure even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.