Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest kompany save him for Leicester and Watford, wish this was the midweek game so he could of had a rest

I hadn't but have now. Great minds...!

Wouldn't have Yaya anywhere near a CM of two though. He just can't be trusted to put in a shift and would just leave a gaping hole.

I agree in certain games but against a team that won't cross the halfway line we need his passing ability in the middle and shooting ability!

I agree in certain games but against a team that won't cross the halfway line we need his passing ability in the middle and shooting ability!

Maybe. But the lesson we have learned is 442 demands everyone pulls a shift and an attacker drops back otherwise you get over manned in midfield. I only see Yaya as a squad player now. He's a luxury player who can't perform any defensive duties despite his skills. I might play him as part of a midfield 3 in front of two real CMs or behind the striker in a 451 or 4411.

He's still a good player but he's not what he was and I feel that there's no use asking him to do what he can't do any more.

Edited to add:

Sunderland don't have to cross the line. On recent performances they only have to hoof it up the middle, through the gaping hole in our midfield a few times and that's two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.