Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I can see us thumping them and then winning our next 5 in a row...including spanking Leicester in the next game...last night could turn out to be the turning point. Kun will be fitter, they are playing poorly and we will turn the corner.
I'm thinking the same. Performance at Arsenal was actually a lot better than I expected and players are returning now. Perhaps a bit soon for Sunderland, but I bet Pellegrini is genuinely encouraged. We should all be

Zabaleta, Kompany all due back. Aguero and Silva playing again. We were ripping up the league with these players earlier this season so logic says we'll do it again. Might take a few games to get everyone up to speed, but it will happen providing there are no relapses.

Whatever team is chosen it can no longer include Eliaquim Mangala. You can't pick a player at this level with virtually no footballing ability, regardless of his ridiculous transfer fee. We need another solution if Vinnie isn't fit.

I'm hoping for a Hull Boxin' Day repeat. Four nowt at HT but with a repetition of the first half during the second half this time! But I expect their goalie will have been briefed that refs do sweet FA about time wasting so I expect 30 mins to be pissed up the wall with Sunderland goal kicks.

I'm hoping for a Hull Boxin' Day repeat. Four nowt at HT but with a repetition of the first half during the second half this time! But I expect their goalie will have been briefed that refs do sweet FA about time wasting so I expect 30 mins to be pissed up the wall with Sunderland goal kicks.
I know it's only Christmas, but I think Sunderland have to play for a win now. They are 5 points off safety. A draw isn't any good to them.

We should play Sterling up front. They have Kaboul, O Shea and Coates in defence. Big centre-halves. Sterling and Silva should absolutely destroy them.

I think I'll be keeping an eye on Arsenal and Leicester's games as well ... they need to drop points quickly as they are already 4 and 6 points ahead of us ... and we WILL drop more silly points, that's a given ...

In Leicester's case it's even more important that they lose this next one ... they've simply been flying high and playing without any fear ... any doubts creeping in (for them) ahead of when they play us (3 days later) would be good for us, else our away form and their home form will see us 9 points behind them comes year end.

As for this game, any win will do ... 3 pts is all I care for, be it a 4-0 thrashing or a 1-0 via a dodgy penalty, will take it whichever way they come.

On the 26th against Sunderland , can you please stand and clap for a blue who sadly passed away today from cancer. His name was Tony crossley and he sat in the family stand with his lad. He was only 54. Stand and clap on the 54th minute , spread the word!! Mcfc ok

I think I'll be keeping an eye on Arsenal and Leicester's games as well ... they need to drop points quickly as they are already 4 and 6 points ahead of us ... and we WILL drop more silly points, that's a given ...

In Leicester's case it's even more important that they lose this next one ... they've simply been flying high and playing without any fear ... any doubts creeping in (for them) ahead of when they play us (3 days later) would be good for us, else our away form and their home form will see us 9 points behind them comes year end.

As for this game, any win will do ... 3 pts is all I care for, be it a 4-0 thrashing or a 1-0 via a dodgy penalty, will take it whichever way they come.
vardy has a hamstring strain. He came off against Everton holding his hamstring, but I don't know if that was just a timewasting ploy or a genuine injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.