Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
hilts said:
Bindi Bundi said:
We need some pace in the team.

i would be tempted to play richards and clichy in every single pl game from now on until the league is won or lost, the system needs quick fullbacks

This!

That and then some.

Zab can do a job now and then but please, no more AK.

I think unfortunately today signalled the end of a player I really love, Nige. Teams simply do not play against us in a way that needs him any more. And for the 10 or so games a season we're playing someone at our level or better, if one of Barry, Milner or Zab can't do his job in the middle then I'll be damned.

It's something that's came up on here a lot before today, so this isn't a knee jerk reaction. You just do not need a Barry/Yaya/Nige trio against Sunderland. You don't need that trio against, if we're being honest, anyone in the entire league. It's a Euro away formation, not a league game one. And that's assuming he can return to the De Jong of last season, someone we haven't seen at all so far.

Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play
Lose today but win on Tuesday is illogical, win today rest on Tuesday and have longer to beat the rag twats with rested players makes more sense, but for me win them both go six points clear and put them right under pressure when they come to us is what I wanted, but hey you can't have it all.

When I saw the side I knew we wouldn't win, kolarov, zaba, johnson, dzeko, nasri ( im sure he'll improve but he is wank at the moment ) and de jong who just doesnt offer the team anything. We must strenghen in january.

It's time to park the bus away from home and hit over teams on the break we have players for this we need a tactic change

adrianr said:
You just do not need a Barry/Yaya/Nige trio against Sunderland.

Bobs biggest mistake today and we were so slow for the first 45 mins it was untrue. bags of possession but meaningless at times with little or no penetration and Barry becoming almost anonymous.

Nige off and we picked the pace up and Barry was back to something like his best for the second half.

Nige would have been fine for the last 20 mins with the points in the bag but to start him was a huge mistake.

Mancini’s English isn’t good enough for him to adequately say what he really thinks about shite refereeing decisions in my view, so he always just passes it off. Baconface, Wenger, Dalglish, Twitcher etc would have all got properly stuck into referee’s and linesmen on some of the decisions we’ve had against us this season. It wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but the effect is cumulative and gradually, we’ll start to get decisions like the Rags have for years as the officials feel more pressured - if it looks like shit, smells like shit and feels like shit, Mancini should call it shit.

Spot on with his postgame interview i thought, frustrating game and annoying not to move 3 points ahead, but thanks to blackburn we havent actually lost any ground

Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Burtonblue said:
Might as well blame the crossbar for getting in the way twice!

The side today created easily enough to win the game - just failed to convert chances and lost to a last minute OFFSIDE sucker punch goal.
Blame players, not the manager.
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

Not true!
We have a deep squad for the rotation & to preclude 'injuries'. To wit the starting 11 and the WC subs (and on the bench) that came on in the demolition derby. We should never have to tinker with that for fear of 'exhausting them or injuries'!

What we had in the first 11 today threw us out of kilter!

Berkovic_blue said:
black-cat said:
LoveCity said:
Don't think any other manager would say this, Mancini is about the only one in the league who isn't up in arms - when he has every right to be considering how many times bad decisions have cost us this season (Munich, Chelsea, and today being three examples).
The sky camera's ask way too much of a linesman, by the time the ball went through Ji had come back and was on-side

lol, says the Sunderland fan.

It was quite clearly offside. Enjoy the win, as lucky as it was

no it wasnt dont be silly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.