Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

poh said:
Do the knicker wetters on here not get it,we had a bad day for fucks sake !! We did not lose the title,we will have days like this during the season,the filth and spurs WILL have games like this before the seasons out.calm the fuck down,take a deep gulp of air,AND look at the table ! Then LOOK at the players at our disposal,and then ask yourself can we win this thing ? And you know deep in your heart that we CAN.So take it easy and get ready for the next installment on Tuesday night,COME ON CITY !!!!

Agreed, however I believed like everyone on here United would go top yesterday. I also believed Blackburn would roll over yesterday. They didn't, and by winning yesterday should have relieved all pressure and self doubt and they should have roared on to a convincing win. The Martin Neill factor should have been irrelevant, lets face it Sunderland have been piss poor for the last year.

Every Man Utd and Chelsea fan could not look me in the eye yesterday, all week I was told we would see what we were made of after Man Utd went top yesterday. That is something I believed also.

That today was the most disappointing result in 43 years of following City, at least we had the knowledge we were shite before. This is based upon the fact that this was not a must win game, we had the opportunity to ram Gigg's remarks in the week up his arse and we more or less prove him right. This is a better result for our rivals, and certainly not the performance of potential Champions.

Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Wow, as bob said it's impossible to lose this game. Well for what it's worth, spending half an hour chasing an improbable victory left us open to the counter and we nearly paid for it earlier in the game. Pick our best side and we would easily of got all three points. The blame for me is bobs.
Might as well blame the crossbar for getting in the way twice!

The side today created easily enough to win the game - just failed to convert chances and lost to a last minute OFFSIDE sucker punch goal.
Blame players, not the manager.
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

i8rags said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Wow, as bob said it's impossible to lose this game. Well for what it's worth, spending half an hour chasing an improbable victory left us open to the counter and we nearly paid for it earlier in the game. Pick our best side and we would easily of got all three points. The blame for me is bobs.

The side today created easily enough to win the game - just failed to convert chances and lost to a last minute OFFSIDE sucker punch goal.
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

Spot on mate.

blueinsa said:
i8rags said:
Burtonblue said:

Spot on mate.
How you doing pal, all the best and that.

des hardi said:
we lost away ....big deal !!!
I agree and disagree, we blew it today and that's what disappoints me. We should of gone all out today and Tuesday and if all went to plan the rags would of been six behind with a tasty game at st jimmys.

i8rags said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.