Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

blueinsa said:
adrianr said:
You just do not need a Barry/Yaya/Nige trio against Sunderland.

Bobs biggest mistake today and we were so slow for the first 45 mins it was untrue. bags of possession but meaningless at times with little or no penetration and Barry becoming almost anonymous.

Nige off and we picked the pace up and Barry was back to something like his best for the second half.

Nige would have been fine for the last 20 mins with the points in the bag but to start him was a huge mistake.
Spot on, could not understand the starting 11 today.

Just got a text from a rag mate, it simply said, "cheers :D"

A very disappointing result to say the least but shit happens.
We're not going to win every single game.
We're not going to be flawless.
We're not going to play top football every minute of the season.
We play 38 games a season in the Premiership, we're going to be crap for some of them, but when we are it is a matter of forcing a result, we didn't today, but we'll have to learn from it.

Players make mistakes, they have bad days, they're not machines, they will fuck up, they have done in the past and will do before the end of the season.
It's unfortunate, it's infuriating, but it happens.
Be grateful the rags didn't win on the weekend, and it will give us a kick in the ass before the Liverpool game.
Loss came at a perfect time, we will drop points, but we can only hope they drop points as well, like they did yesterday.

No point in blaming and moaning about the media/other team/the rags/ref etc.

Rule of thumb is that you lose more than you'll win.
We have had the best start to the season we've ever had.
We'll drop more points, it's unreasonable to think we wont, the best we can do is hope we learn from it.

It pained me to watch all the players up the pitch, when we lost possession in the last minute, walking ( most notably yaya ). Were they all unaware that it was a brilliant chance for Sunderland to score? ( which they did). If Milner was on the pitch where Yaya was, i'm sure he could of got back to challenge whoever was on the ball. Where is the work ethic?

i8rags said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Burtonblue said:
I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play
Lose today but win on Tuesday is illogical, win today rest on Tuesday and have longer to beat the rag twats with rested players makes more sense, but for me win them both go six points clear and put them right under pressure when they come to us is what I wanted, but hey you can't have it all.
I echo your feelings of frustration at how today has worked out, but have to say that my priority would be to beat the rags and scouse and therefore keep my best players for those games, given that our second string should be plenty good enough to beat Sunderland's.

If RM had sent Silva out in the first half for him to get injured today and miss out on the next 2 games people would have been banging on about how Silva should have been rested against Sunderland....RM would have been criticised for not using the depth of talent at his disposal.

To be fair to the manager he did put Silva on after 60 mins as things weren't going to plan but it wasn't to be our day.

Beat Liverpool on tuesday and all will be well...

Re: Bobbys reaction after today ...

no it wasnt dont be silly
-----------------------------

not it wasnt what?

It was both lucky and offside, meaning you are wrong on both accounts im afraid

Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Bluemanc100 said:
+1 for those comments..... we have to hope that the "typical City" mantle is a thing of the past and this will make the desire to win stronger.

At least the dippers will come at us Tuesday and let us play
Lose today but win on Tuesday is illogical, win today rest on Tuesday and have longer to beat the rag twats with rested players makes more sense, but for me win them both go six points clear and put them right under pressure when they come to us is what I wanted, but hey you can't have it all.
I echo your feelings of frustration at how today has worked out, but have to say that my priority would be to beat the rags and scouse and therefore keep my best players for those games, given that our second string should be plenty good enough to beat Sunderland's.

If RM had sent Silva out in the first half for him to get injured today and miss out on the next 2 games people would have been banging on about how Silva should have been rested against Sunderland....RM would have been criticised for not using the depth of talent at his disposal.

To be fair to the manager he did put Silva on after 60 mins as things weren't going to plan but it wasn't to be our day.

Beat Liverpool on tuesday and all will be well...
Fact

For all he possession, we did not create one chance...

Never mind, we haven't lost any ground this weekend!!!

Keep the faith!!

That team is exactly the team I said he would, and should put out with the exception of Milner in for Nige. More than capable of taking three points from the game, and we were unlucky that we didn't.

blueprint said:
Burtonblue said:
i8rags said:
Ffs, who picks the players, the first half was borderline shite, the second half improved somewhat with the the players bob swapped. So it's not the players fault. You don't go sea fishing in waders if you've got a trawler in dock.

I suppose you think it's reasonable to send our first 11 out today, tuesday against liverpool and saturday against the rags?!

As someone involved with football at league level I can assure you that players will not sustain that level of physical demand without a high likelyhood of getting injured, hence the importance of squad rotation and why we will probably end winning the league, as we do have the deepest squad.

Truth is today was our easiest game of the coming month, and the players sent out at the start were plenty good enough to win us the game. Despite not playing at their best, enough chances were created to win the game, they just weren't converted.

To blame the manager for that is easy but plain wrong in my opinion. It's the players who missed the chances.

Not true!
We have a deep squad for the rotation & to preclude 'injuries'. To wit the starting 11 and the WC subs (and on the bench) that came on in the demolition derby. We should never have to tinker with that for fear of 'exhausting them or injuries'!

What we had in the first 11 today threw us out of kilter!

Well, if you can't rotate your squad against the likes of Sunderland in a week when you play liverpoool and the rags as well in a 6 day period, what is the point of rotation?
If you do not rotate or tinker as you say, injuries will happen.
On the other hand you may be absolutely right in which case Mancini, Kidd, Platt and co as well as any number of medical staff know far less than you...

In_Good_Kompany said:
no it wasnt dont be silly
-----------------------------

not it wasnt what?

It was both lucky and offside, meaning you are wrong on both accounts im afraid

when sky paused the action as the sunderland player passed the ball through and then put a line on the screen the player was marginally offside, if think that this is CLEARLY offside to the linesman in real time then you are as silly as the other bloke

i didnt say it wasnt offside i said it wasnt clearly offside

thank you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.