Sunderland v City Post Match Discussion Thread

citychad64 said:
Wow Cant believe i have just read 32 pages of fickle shite, some of you are unbelievable.
Yes we got mugged, Yes the goal was offside, yes some players under performed but by christ i cant believe some of the comments. "get rid of Dzeko" "Johnson shouldnt play again" "Ya Ya was shite" "Mancini doesnt know what hes doing". Perhaps some of you should look at yourselves and ask the question about your commitment to this project. This is going to be hard and maybe it could go down to the wire, but if you ever thought we would have this league tied up by March your as unblievalble as some of your comments. I even read one comment about not going to Liverpool now they have lost, GOOD you would probably be booing after five minutes anyway plus if you was a real fan you would go anyway .
Get real and get behind the boys and stop being so fickle!

Good post fella...............

Danamy said:
citychad64 said:
Wow Cant believe i have just read 32 pages of fickle shite, some of you are unbelievable.
Yes we got mugged, Yes the goal was offside, yes some players under performed but by christ i cant believe some of the comments. "get rid of Dzeko" "Johnson shouldnt play again" "Ya Ya was shite" "Mancini doesnt know what hes doing". Perhaps some of you should look at yourselves and ask the question about your commitment to this project. This is going to be hard and maybe it could go down to the wire, but if you ever thought we would have this league tied up by March your as unblievalble as some of your comments. I even read one comment about not going to Liverpool now they have lost, GOOD you would probably be booing after five minutes anyway plus if you was a real fan you would go anyway .

+1

This was painful today, my young son was on the floor crying when they scored, I couldn't day anything other swear a few times in front of him...ooops. I should be used to it by now but it doesn't get less painful. Thing is, at 12.30 on Saturday if someone had told me we'd still be top after the weekend round of games I'd have taken it because frankly, I'd expected Utd to hump Blackburn and I thought we'd only draw at a resurgent Sunderland therefore I thought we'd actually be 2 points behind them.
I remember thinking after we lost in the 93rd minute to them last season with a stupid penalty that we'd never qualify for the champions league if we kept gifting points like that and look what happened. This is one of these games that hopefully we'll look back on in 4 months time and wonder why we got so uptight about it all. Upwards and onwards fellow blues.

citychad64 said:
Maybe? Not maybe! That is a fukking guarantee it is going down to the wire. This ain't La Liga. It is supposed to go down to the wire. Especially when we are the new team trying to break thru. No one is going to give it to us. We have to go figth for it.

In my opinion, there were no stand out bad performances today; it was a collective effort. That said, the sight of Nasri running around in a circle, looking lost, and then being dispossessed just before being removed will stick in my mind for a while. AJ also needs to get over himself and pass the ball before he thinks about taking on four defenders and losing possession.

City's style of play is beginning to grind my gears. Trying to thread the ball through the defence has got Arsenal nowhere for years. I think it's a disease that Nasri has brought with him.

Also, what's the obsession with short corners? Lescott was drilling them in from corners at Everton. Dzeko was prolific with his head at Wolfsburg. You've got Kompany bombing forward and Yaya in the mix and yet the opportunity from set pieces is wasted.

It was summed up for me when City had a free kick a few yards outside the box and Nasri passed it short, with the ball ultimately ending up back in City's half. A total waste of City's natural height advantage. No wonder Dzeko looked fed up.

Whip the ball in for Dzeko to get his head on to it. Stop trying to pass it down the middle ffs.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
This was painful today, my young son was on the floor crying when they scored, I couldn't day anything other swear a few times in front of him...ooops. I should be used to it by now but it doesn't get less painful. Thing is, at 12.30 on Saturday if someone had told me we'd still be top after the weekend round of games I'd have taken it because frankly, I'd expected Utd to hump Blackburn and I thought we'd only draw at a resurgent Sunderland therefore I thought we'd actually be 2 points behind them.
I remember thinking after we lost in the 93rd minute to them last season with a stupid penalty that we'd never qualify for the champions league if we kept gifting points like that and look what happened. This is one of these games that hopefully we'll look back on in 4 months time and wonder why we got so uptight about it all. Upwards and onwards fellow blues.
You have reassured me this was just a minor blip!

citychad64 said:

Obviously you haven't read all 32 pages of the posts here. Which post do you agree to or disagree?

Today we could have gone for the jugular but we didn't.
Will it come back to haunt us?
As it is with Hughes 7 draws that will forever dog his days?

Danielmanc said:
Danamy said:
citychad64 said:
Get real and get bei hind the boys and stop being so fickle!

+1
frustrated, disappointed yes, but never fickle. Down to the wire I will be there come what may as always, but don't have a go at genuine fans who go and pay to watch and want success and can taste it! We are all entitled to our opinions...it's a discussion forum!

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:

Sounds familiar...........my lad was sobbing like a goodun aswell

It took me back to when i was his age and doing the same thing, it was a lot more regular in them days though.

Good to see it means that much to him like it did to me, all i could say to him is "that's what they do to you son, it'll be tears of joy in May" (fingers crossed i'm right)

we lose when we want

we lose when we want
f*uk of you glory hunting c*nts

we lose when we want

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.