Sunderland v City: Pre-match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good news for us that they won at Saints the other day as it will have taken the pressure of them picking up points and may well result in them having a go at us.

I can see an easy win for us here, early goal and a comfortable 3-1 win.

Pointless trying to predict the side as Bob never fails to spring a couple of surprises....

We have to get at them from the start and convert our chances and if our back 4 can keep fletcher quiet we stand a good chance of all 3 points! If we don't I can see a very tense and scrappy game which will be decided by the one goal come on the blues!

Rammy Blue said:
Pointless trying to predict the side as Bob never fails to spring a couple of surprises....

I was tempted to say that he might name his christmas pudding amongst the subsitutes , but i doubt whether Balotelli will show up !

Last three away games at Sunderland featured late goals one for us AJ wonder goal and two for them which gave them late wins and total disappointment for us. I know how the Reading fans feel this weekend as we lost to a debateable injury time winner last year, so I guess we are due a win there. If we can score a goal in the first half and go in front then we can get a result. Tevez is due a goal so would play him with Dzeko. If Sunderland do get something from us then with respect to Sunderland fans I hope Newcastle can get something from the rags.
Also lets hope nobody is killed if the ball hits someone on the head I guess thats more of a risk when we play Stoke on New years day.
Merry xmas to all

Sunderland have played both brilliant and rubbish within a game but now have their act together and will be hard to breakdown.

1 0 City

Our SoL record under Mancini:

2011/2012: lost 1-0
2010/2011: lost 1-0
2009/2010: drew 1-1

This along with Everton and Stoke away are the two fixtures I hate every season because we never seem to win. But with Sunderland near the relegation area and more losses than wins at home this season, I'll be very disappointed if we don't win - even though it is 100% nailed on we'll be up against the cup final spirit 10 behind the ball/looking to break style as per usual.

if they put 10 behind the ball the home fans will get on their backs, urging them forward, it's what fans do. If Edin starts we need to get it forward much quicker before he runs offside, even if it means missing out Silva/clichy. The first goal will be crucial, we cant rely on last gasp savers for ever

I remember the build up to last Christmas. We had a comfortable 3-0 home win against Stoke, and then the wheels came off. Hopefully we are fully focused for all 3 fixtures.

Sunderland got a great result at Southampton which takes the pressure off them.

I think we will get a very similar game in style to last year with Sunderland happy to get men behind the ball and hit us on the counter-attack.

I don't think Clichy is going to be back for this, and I don't know about Maicon or Kolarov so this is a bit of guesswork

3-5-2 with Milner and Sincalir putting Mclean and AJ on the back foot

-----------------Hart
--------Zab---Kompany---Lescott
-Milner--Barry--Yaya Toure--Silva--Sinclair
------------Tevez---Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.