Sunderland v City: Pre-match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be too critical of Sunderland seeing as we lost there last season.

They will be very difficult to break down and have pace on the break in Sessegnon and Mclean plus a goalscorer in Fletcher.

Teams like Reading changed tactics to play us, but Sunderland will just play their normal game. That's why it will be difficult.

Low-scoring game

Sunderland depend on Fletcher to get the goals. Shut him down and get that early goal and we can survive with 1-0. Come on City, make my Xmas wish come true.

VincentKompany

Morning everybody and merry Christmas!! Just arriving at the training ground here for a Christmas Day training session.

-------------------------------------------------------------

No rest for the Champions!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Teams picks itself imo with no Nasri

603101_Manchester_City.jpg

Spot on.

All this talk of a sneaky 0 - 1 win makes me laugh, if you think we can win the league playing for a 0 - 1 then you need your head testing, we need to start putting the ball in the back of the net and punishing these below average prem teams.
As far as I'm concerned I'm with Mancini on this, our strikers are playing well below par this season.

We had 21 shots versus Reading but it took a great goal to beat Reading. Tevez and Aguero are mis-firing at the moment

Whilst I agree that Sunderland are on paper one of the poorest Premiership teams based on their League position, their game is one we have problems with - determined defence. MON has them set up to play on the counter-attack. They have also just one a 6 pointer at Southampton, and the SOL is one of the noisiest grounds in the country and will be even noisier than usual seeing as they are playing the Champions in front of what will be a big holiday crowd.

Another game where I would not be too disappointed with a point. Obviously we go to win, but we must take something from the game and a point away is not a disaster. Utd are not convincing anyone at the moment, and if we put together another unbeaten run we'll reel them in.

Brendan110_0 said:
All this talk of a sneaky 0 - 1 win makes me laugh, if you think we can win the league playing for a 0 - 1 then you need your head testing, we need to start putting the ball in the back of the net and punishing these below average prem teams.
As far as I'm concerned I'm with Mancini on this, our strikers are playing well below par this season.

No one is wanting us to play for a 0-1, people are just saying it's not going to be an easy game. You may think that we should be battering these 'below average' teams, but all of them up their games when they play us.

Don't be over confident because it will come back and bite you on the arse.

We failed on Boxing Day last season so I am very cautious with our fixture with Sunderland. A 1-0 win will be a very good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.