Sunderland v City: Pre-match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
safclive said:
blue cigar said:
smartin o neill is on borrowed time if blunderland get much worse. them and boocastle are right in it. west sham seem alright but dreading are doomed.

-- Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 pm --

tight first half followed by a last 20 minute onslaught will see us 2-0 winners btw.

Ohhhhhh how money has changed you .............

The "sham City" it seems is so far away and we lesser mortals are humbled by the way you speak so lowly of us all .................

Short memories are sometimes so hard for others to digest .......

Man City i agree should murder us and the blunerland faithfuls will still be there even without a premiership title some win on a regular basis.

I still think if Man City get an early goal they will most likely score 3 but if we can keep it packed and tight then we could sneak a draw.

we're not all like that mate, some of them have sadly forgotten respect but I think Sunderland are a great club with good fans(best mate's a mackem) and we know from the last 2 years that you hang in there and sink us on the last minute counter attack, time for revenge though ;).

Think whilst we need to learn from last year and have a strong team out at the start, I think a couple do need a rest with Norwich on saturday, I'd go(assuming nobody is fit who wasn't in the squad on saturday):

Hart

Kolo
Kompany(c)
Nastasic
Zabaleta

Milner
Barry

Silva
Tevez
Sinclair

Dzeko.

Subs: Panty/Wright, Lescott, Rekik, Garcia, Yaya, Razak, Aguero.

Have to avoid yet another Groundhog Day situation as we're so prone to (Everton A, Stoke A, Sunderland A). Getting a bit sick of the same script playing out in these fixtures every year and can't think of a better time to tear it up than tomorrow against a mediocre Sunderland. But last year most of their back four was injured and we still couldn't break them down. That jumping bean O'Neill is saying the fans will be noisy and drive the team on (cup final performance) and rag O'Shea firing up the troops saying "let's do it for the fans" and also saying United will beat City to the league (his ulterior motive, helping the scum). I wonder if O'Shea will make a couple of major mistakes against us like he did against his old club recently, gifting Van Rapist a goal.

Hart
Zabaleta Kolo Kompany Nastasic
Garcia Barry
Silva Yaya Milner
Balotelli

Subs: Pantilimon, Rekik, Lescott, Sinclair, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
safclive said:
blue cigar said:
smartin o neill is on borrowed time if blunderland get much worse. them and boocastle are right in it. west sham seem alright but dreading are doomed.

-- Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 pm --

tight first half followed by a last 20 minute onslaught will see us 2-0 winners btw.

Ohhhhhh how money has changed you .............

The "sham City" it seems is so far away and we lesser mortals are humbled by the way you speak so lowly of us all .................

Short memories are sometimes so hard for others to digest .......

Man City i agree should murder us and the blunerland faithfuls will still be there even without a premiership title some win on a regular basis.

I still think if Man City get an early goal they will most likely score 3 but if we can keep it packed and tight then we could sneak a draw.

we're not all like that mate, some of them have sadly forgotten respect but I think Sunderland are a great club with good fans(best mate's a mackem) and we know from the last 2 years that you hang in there and sink us on the last minute counter attack, time for revenge though ;).

Think whilst we need to learn from last year and have a strong team out at the start, I think a couple do need a rest with Norwich on saturday, I'd go(assuming nobody is fit who wasn't in the squad on saturday):

Hart

Kolo
Kompany(c)
Nastasic
Zabaleta

Milner
Barry

Silva
Tevez
Sinclair

Dzeko.

Subs: Panty/Wright, Lescott, Rekik, Garcia, Yaya, Razak, Aguero.

Good post.

Another 1 nil late goal will do me. Barry to quieten Sessegnol down in first five minutes pleasa.

Think we'll see some rotation in the team to keep players match-fit and fresh for games to come.

The problem is the injuries to 4 out of 5 full-backs in the squad so I'd play 352 and in so doing counter SAFC's wingers

I'd also start Mario or Dzeko. Can't play Tevez and Aguero every 3 days without them getting injured or losing form

A point would not be a disaster but don't want the gap to go beyond 6 points, and we play to win every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.