Sunderland v City: Pre-match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart

What happened to the usual thread? If elsewhere, please merge. Anyway, here are some favourable statistics;

•Sunderland have won just one of their last eight Boxing Day fixtures (W1 D4 L3).
•City have won four and lost none of their last five games played on Boxing Day.
•Sunderland have won just two of their last 12 Premier League games at the Stadium of Light (W2 D6 L4).

I am going for a hard fought 0-0 which may prove to be a better result than it looks on paper. We did lose there last year.

Worried we might underestimate this one, not confident, hoping we'll come together for a late Xmas present and put a load past them. Will be very tough.

Yet again, I'm afraid to say, that this will probably be another scrappy and slow game. They'll get 10 men behind the ball, defend deep and rely on fast counter attacks as a result of some sloppy passing from us. I'm never confident when we go to Sunderland and this is no exception. It's going to be difficult to break them down and I'm already awaiting a late winning goal from them.

--------------------Hart--------------------
--Zaba---Kompany---Nastasic---Clichy--
-------------Milner------Barry-------------
---Silva------------Yaya----------Tevez---
-------------------Aguero------------------

This game is the type of game that Milner will dominate, he has to start. Kompany will probably be back so I'd like to see him replace Kolo while Clichy returns and takes Rekik's place. I'm not 100% sure about the front 2. I'd like to see Aguero and Tevez but RM will probably pick Dzeko over Tevez, or the other way round.

We will drop points if we start slowly, and play 'Arsenal-pass-into-net-ball' as we have done far too many times this season. High tempo from the off is required, as is shooting from occasion from 20+ yards and quick counter attacking.

Aguero and Tevez bucking their games up would help as well. At the moment they are not earning the vast salaries they are paid.

Having a strange season are Sunderland ..... only four wins all season , and only two of those at home ..... only three sides have scored less goals than them at home , yet they've only conceded one goal more than City have at home ...... so what does that leave us with ??

Well i shall tell you ...... a very tight game !

Expect either a goaless draw , or a one goal win either way !

And for our sakes , it BETTER be OUR way !

(i note that Adam Johnson may not play , but i expect him to make every effort to!)

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
3-0 City and it will all be over by half time.

Lol you make me howl..............

On a serious note this board is way better than your red clown rivals who literally slag off anything and anyone who hasn't won anything and lets be fair that covers my club aswell as many others who in the real world cannot compete financially with the top guns (that said we do have decent backing so im not moaning).

Who will win?

Well for me Man City should as we all know should hammer the Christmas turkey out of our bellies but as someone mentioned it may not be as clear cut as some see it.........

I reckon you lot will hate us being some what negative but lets be fair is it good stradegy to allow a team who loves to play open attacking football run riot? Chelsea and Barcelona springs to ones mind - and they won although the worst team!

Result: Sunderland 1 - 1 Manchester City (my heart)

Result: Sunderland 0 - 2 Manchester City (my head)

Whatever the result providing red nose doesn't win the premier im happy :)

Dave

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.safclive.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.safclive.co.uk</a>
mobile safc

I think we will turn the corner here, and some of our chances will be converted. i think Aguero is the best striker in the league, but just hasnt had much luck since the 13th May. We will get the early goal this time and when they come out we will pick them off. 3 nil City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.