Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

I class myself as a rational supporter. I dont usually call for heads to role after one bad result and I'm not one to pick on any one individual.

But enough is enough. We have trotted results like today out on far too many occasions over the past 18 months. You could see very early on today that we were going to struggle.

To lose to Sunderland with the squad we have once is a fluke, twice is arrogance, to lose a third or a fourth time is just outright criminal.

We have four or five top class players, the rest for me are over payed prima donnas. Any team would miss Silva and Kompany but like Neville has already suggested, such is there class our back up's are a million miles away from their quality.

Our defence without Kompany is that of a mid table team. We MUST sign another CB in January and a top quality one at that. Same with CM, were far to reliant on Toure. And even though I am a huge fan of Toure, a Toure playing like he did today and like he does for about 10 games a season is no use to anyone.

Pellegrini is a good manager just like Mancini is, neither in my opinion are what out club needs. Pellegrini has made us a "happier camp", but results are slightly worse than under Mancini.

I have written off the title this season, all I hope is Pellegrini can get us in the top 4 (which I actually think is going to be very hard) and lead us on soem good cup runs, both domestically and on the Euorpean stage.

fredmont said:
Dr Jacoby said:
On a brighter note, Nasri again played well.

Agreed. Pity nobody else did.

Nasri had little impact , as did everybody else ...... the entire side lacked direction , and the ability to create a clear cut chance.

A bunch of Utd rejects beat us, shocking, terrible result, 1 away win all season, very poor.

I don't think tactically we could have done any more. It just boils down to the fact that either the players on the pitch either aren't good enough to win the league, or they think they are so good that the other team will roll over and let us score. The goal wasn't really a mistake from a player this time, although Richards was out of position and it could easily have been given as a foul for a push on Milner.

Maybe we do need another Silva'esque player, Nasri didn't really create much on his own. The second half was better but like Stoke a few years ago, we didn't look like scoring. Our defence was changed yet again and maybe Pantilimon could have done more with the shot Sunderland scored from.

Watching Arsenal they are closing Utd down much quicker than we did at Sunderland, they are much closer to Bayern Munich than we are.

I'll be controversial and say that Yaya was a weak link today, he should have been on the bench at most. His slow play kept slowing the team down and let Sunderland get everyone back behind the ball.

I hope that Txiki and Pellegrini can see where we are lacking and can move out the weaker players and bring in some more first teamers who can challenge those already in the 1st eleven. Centre backs are definitely needed and we missed Fernandinho today. When Yaya plays on top of his game he is unstoppable but this only happens in short bursts, the rest of the time we need somebody who is more dynamic and more of a team player.

Stoned Rose said:
Scoring isnt our problem?

Did you watch the game today?
Hence calling it a one-off. We are top scorers in the division, having scored 28 goals this season at a rate of 2.54 goals per game. If we did that over the whole season we'd score 97 goals. Going forwards we are doing very well. That we didn't score today isn't proof to the contrary.

Our players have an aversion to getting into the box for reasons best known to them.
Navas put some terrific crosses in but never anyone to get on the end of them
Made those ex rag defenders look like worldbeaters today
Very very very frustrating to watch

Big hand for those who were there today and sang till the end. That was heroic in the face of today's performance.

fredmont said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Firstly when you have to make 3 changes through injury, why make 2 more ?

Changing both fullbacks and therefore making 3/4 changes at the back was fucking madness and I doubt a non league manager would make that mistake.
The two players brought in......Richards.....fucking garbage. No wonder he doesn't get picked for England . He was absolute shit. Offered nothing going forward and where was he for the goal? Why wasn't it him marking their player? Don't offer him another contract. Would be a total waste of money.

Kolorov back to his worst. Milner (our best player when he isn't playing according to many) watch that game again and tell me what he contributes? Gash. Garcia nothing,

We were fucking shit today and no one played well.

Title is a dream. 4 losses out of 6 away is ridiculous and it doesn't matter how many teams we batter at home, until we sort this shambles top 4 is at risk.

Fucking awful

Said this before the game started.

We bring on Navas to get crosses in and only get 2/3 players in the box against Sunderland packed defence, madness.

Why take off Negredo when we need a goal, take a defender off and go for it.

No one ever goes to the front post which pisses me off no end

Its not just that, if you have double the amount of defenders by the law of averages they will clear it and if the ball drops the chances are they will get to the second ball as well, just get bodies in there and give yourself an even chance.

utterly frustrating.
we looked clueless as sunderland just set themselves up and blunted everything.
thought things were coming good after Norwich and Moscow and then we get this shambles.
truly awful.

jaigurugoat said:
BlueMo' said:
Perhaps the "Milner in the centre" brigade will now at last give it a rest.

I don't see how can use today's game as evidence he shouldn't be playing in the middle. When we moved him there for the second half we were much improved.

I agree. He looked far more comfortable in he center and seemed to be the one trying to push the pace of the game whereas Yaya kept slowing it down.

black mamba said:
Dr Jacoby said:
On a brighter note, Nasri again played well.

Are you being serious?

Why wouldnt he be serious? Nasri worked his arse off in comparison to the player of old. There was genuine desire there and thats an encouragement. Easy to showcase his talents when we're cruising to 7-0s but today we were against it and he still showed.

Another big plus was Demechelis which bodes well.

Jimfv1 said:
A bunch of Utd rejects beat us, shocking, terrible result, 1 away win all season, very poor.

I don't think tactically we could have done any more. It just boils down to the fact that either the players on the pitch either aren't good enough to win the league, or they think they are so good that the other team will roll over and let us score. The goal wasn't really a mistake from a player this time, although Richards was out of position and it could easily have been given as a foul for a push on Milner.

Maybe we do need another Silva'esque player, Nasri didn't really create much on his own. The second half was better but like Stoke a few years ago, we didn't look like scoring. Our defence was changed yet again and maybe Pantilimon could have done more with the shot Sunderland scored from.

Watching Arsenal they are closing Utd down much quicker than we did at Sunderland, they are much closer to Bayern Munich than we are.

I'll be controversial and say that Yaya was a weak link today, he should have been on the bench at most. His slow play kept slowing the team down and let Sunderland get everyone back behind the ball.

I hope that Txiki and Pellegrini can see where we are lacking and can move out the weaker players and bring in some more first teamers who can challenge those already in the 1st eleven. Centre backs are definitely needed and we missed Fernandinho today. When Yaya plays on top of his game he is unstoppable but this only happens in short bursts, the rest of the time we need somebody who is more dynamic and more of a team player.

We do have with Jovetic but with our luck this season he is injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.