Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

60% possession, 24 shots to 5, 14 corners to none.
But din't score and no points.

The perfect day to move closer with the results going our way elsewhere plus United/Arsenal playing each other and we turn in this kind of performance.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Firstly when you have to make 3 changes through injury, why make 2 more ?

Changing both fullbacks and therefore making 3/4 changes at the back was fucking madness and I doubt a non league manager would make that mistake.

The two players brought in......Richards.....fucking garbage. No wonder he doesn't get picked for England . He was absolute shit. Offered nothing going forward and where was he for the goal? Why wasn't it him marking their player? Don't offer him another contract. Would be a total waste of money.

Kolorov back to his worst. Milner (our best player when he isn't playing according to many) watch that game again and tell me what he contributes? Gash. Garcia nothing,

We were fucking shit today and no one played well.

Title is a dream. 4 losses out of 6 away is ridiculous and it doesn't matter how many teams we batter at home, until we sort this shambles top 4 is at risk.

Fucking awful

This. All of this. Saves me the finger work to type all that.

Just to add - On pace for, what? 66 points. Usually need to be past 70 to get top 4. That's the realistic ambition domestically right now.

Plaything of the gods said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Disappointed Yes, Suicidal No.

Sometimes you need to see your weaknesses so you can improve them.

We all know that several players are not of the quality, and quite frankly the defence (and we could have fielded Zabaleta, Lescott and Clichy, 3 of our title defence) is unrecognisable. It's just puzzling to see why Pellegrini struggles to grasp that the key to victories is to keep clean sheets!

It's the lack of on field leadership that kills us. Yaya is no more a Captain than I'm an Astronaut!
I'd agree with that. Yaya should not captain away from home. Zaba, with his work ethic, would be best for that.

I think Pellegrini thinks he's still in Spain where you just have to keep attacking.

We missed Silva's creativity and Fernandinho's drive. Garcia is a God awful replacement, he's just too slow and too ineffectual. We had loads of possession but didn't really test Mannone, Aguero and Negredo had off games.

Having said all that it would have been a totally different game if Mike Dean had sent Larsson off, which he clearly should have done. Down to 10 men, with 70 minutes left, and the score 0-0, I can't see us not winning then. To add insult to injury Dean then allows Bardsley to push Milner over, a definite foul, before running on to score. 2 huge decisions, 2 awful mistakes from the ref.

For me, only Sergio and Demechelis came out of the game with any credit whatsoever. The rest were piss poor

Special mention in piss poorness to Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia and Milner

Sadly today was again down to some poor tactics and bad luck in that Bardsley clearly fouled Milner in creating his goal. As ever this season we are found wanting when we come up against a side who pack the midfield and are in our faces. Personally I would have matched Sunderland and played an extra man in midfield as we did against Chelsea. We are so predictable with 442, I lost count of the many times that yet another ball into the box was cut out by the Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.