Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Gareth_Barry_18 said:
Having gone to the game all the way from Worthing (6 hour drive there and back) with my girlfriend, spending well over 200 quid in the process I could not help but feel a bit sick watching that. I have seen some dark dark days watching city questioning why do I spend all my wage watching them all over the country (especially when a home game costs me a fair amount). The way we played was so slow, predictable and the players looked tired. As I was walking out a young lad (no older than 7) seemed to have more ideas than the current manager. The way the players trudged off the pitch at the end without even clapping the fans really pissed me off. At the whistle all you could hear was the city fans singing "we never win at home..." . The players dont deserve the fans. The lack of passion for the shirt is seriously worrying. But with all that being said I can not wait for spurs at home in a few weeks. CTID.

Yet we all will applaud them when they come out in the next home match. Maybe the silent treatment for a change!

andrewmswift said:
squad needs massive investment. lescott, richards, garcia must go and need class players to replace them.

That about right! just after a massive £100million refit this August. Get a grip.

Can't work out why Demichelis didn't run in a straight line level with the near post rather than the diagonal run that he did.

Yesterday's result struck me as Typical City. However, we lacked the finishing touch and creativity to put a dogged and determined home side to bed. We wasted opportunities and possession - and cannot blame the referee or bad sportsmansip for this. Like Cardiff, Villa, Stoke, and Chelsea, we were were not the better side for all of the game. Like all the games we have lost (bar Bayern Munich at home), we have shown great possession and skill in attacking but that final cut is not there. We need to regroup, sharpen and look for a maximum return from the home games - as well as tough games at WBA, Saints, Leicester, Fulham and even Bayern. Let's end the year on a high - and really push on City! Please.

I was totally dismayed by the entire performance on Sunday ... from the moment I saw the team selection through to the end of the match on TV I was underwhelmed.

There just seemed to be such a lack of intelligence in everything we did. Given our performances over the past three years at SOL where was the collective knowledge of what to expect - does MP ever speak to BK ... does MP listen to our performance analysis people .... why oh why were so many unforced changes made when there is a two week break coming up?

Surely MP saw enough of Richards away at Newcastle to realise the MR has lost all football intelligence he ever had ... he displayed all the athletic prowess of a concrete lamp post on Abbey Hey Lane against Newcastle and again at SOL yesterday. A big time Charlie - he won his Premier league medal and doesn't seem to give a sh1t about ever winning another one ... and you can add Lescott in to that category too as far as I am concerned.

It seems to me that Yaya has a very special contract with city ... my eyes (by watching the games) tell me that it says he has to be picked when fit and can not be substituted unless injured .... why else would anyone put up with his performance yesterday ... and he was our captain for goodness sake ... no leadership no effort nothing.

Kolarov drives he mad ... he puts on his Balkan mask of dour aggression then plays football like a girl .... Garcia seems a pleasant bloke (thank goodness Larsson didn't break his leg - and what a Paul Anka the ref Mike Dean was not to send him off) but we've known for more that year that he's too slow for midfield work in PL.

So given the team that was picked, the opponents we faced and the last three results at SOL - what was our game plan ...???? Does any one know how we were going to win other than "try and score a goal - somehow" .... then the substitutions .... what did they achieve other than put Garcia out of his misery??? Has Navas ever put the ball through to an overlapping full back - it's as if he has something wrong with his right eye and can't see the man going by.

The others tried hard .... but when we have one or two in the box and they have seven what's the point of crossing ..... why did we keep 4 or more at the back when Sunderland gave up coming out of their half with 20 minutes to go.

The lack of intelligence was every where .... we got a throw-in on the half way line in the 89th minute and threw it to our goalkeeper?????

This bunch of players (almost all of them including those injured) weren't happy with Mancini (allegedly) and exposed that in the most clinical fashion against Wigan at Wembley .... now we are told by Txiki (in his only public utterance since joining in October 2012) that we now have a happy dressing room ... well I hope to goodness that we don't have a happy dressing room at all .... coming on top of the Cardiff, Villa and Chelsea matches there should be real anger in there that translates itself into determination and courage not to let it happen again EVER - but it did - yesterday.

Yet whilst all this was going on MP sat on the bench next to another elderly grey gentleman apparently pleased with the way we were playing.

The Spanish duo need to start earning their corn in Manchester (not New York) - right now.

The "euphoria" of getting out of the CL group is misplaced .... compared to the last two groups we were in it was easy .... but our home game against BM was horrendous and potential harbinger of what is to come in the Round of 16.

After the break we have two intensive months playing every three days .... everybody and everything has to improve .... this is England not Spain ... get learning!!!!!

Once a Blue always a Blue

Cheers

3rdgenerationblue said:
championship looks long way off now.

Course it is not, carry on playing like this they will be playing Championship league football next season.

I don’t know if this makes it any better but the collection of other fans in my office, reckon it was just one of those games that all teams have, a cup final performance by Sunderland they got a lucky goal and hung on for dear life

Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

Things I have had confirmed this weekend

this match finally showed our fringe players are not up to it

Garcia too slow
lescott lacks basic ability on the ball
richards better suited to the weight bench than a football pitch
Milner runs around a lot but very little guile or pace
ALL the clubs left backs are inadequate to say the least

The Manager needs to play his strongest team at every available opportunity
he made some changes on Sunday that were OTT bearing in mind we had lost a few players to injury

Silva is irreplaceable and without him the teams seems to grind to a halt in midfield and he seems to be the only one who can free the centre forwards and split the oppositions defense

The potential two games in the Champions league group stages is far to big a price to pay if this is how our prem league campaign is going

SrilankanBlue said:
Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

If you had seen Milner's performance yesterday as compared to YaYa who gets the call every single match, you would have said that Milner should be the first on the team sheet!! Milner bossed and encouraged everyone else whilst putting in a MOTM performance of his own. He was definitely the best player of ours for the whole 94 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.