Super League Aftermath.

How is it overly vindictive? The punishment is aimed at ownership, the individuals that plotted the system and the excesses in the transfer market that created debt-laden clubs that are overly-reliant on said market supporting their asset values.
No it isn't its aimed at probably bankrupting some of the clubs, wouldn't hurt the owners only the clubs. Besides there will be no punishment so it's pie in the sky shit anyway.

No it isn't its aimed at probably bankrupting some of the clubs, wouldn't hurt the owners only the clubs. Besides there will be no punishment so it's pie in the sky shit anyway.
I said payable by the owners; not the clubs.

Owners write checks to FA. Not the clubs. In the case of the fan-owned clubs (barca and madrid) youre right, they could be properly fucked. The rest however are owned by exorbitantly wealthy billionaires.

Owners write checks to FA. Not the clubs. In the case of the fan-owned clubs (barca and madrid) youre right, they could be properly fucked. The rest however are owned by exorbitantly wealthy billionaires.
What court is this that can fine private individuals, rather than the football clubs ?

Let them go bankrupt and have administators sell off their best players.

They can rename themselves as Real/Barca AFC and start lower down the leagues like Italian clubs are forced to.

If the financial situation for Barcelona and Real Madrid is as dire as rumoured, then it would be best if they got into the crucible as soon as possible. They need a reset if its true, so they may as well get on with it.

Sorry but that's not accurate. Sheikh Mansour has made serious money from his investments in City and the surrounding area. The club is now worth about £3.5bn so he has tripled the value of his investment. On top of this he recouped £654m when he sold 13 per cent of the club to US-based Silverlake and 11 per cent to a Chinese consortium. He also stands to make at least £1bn profit from his developments and other investments in the Manchester area.
It is just a media myth that the CFG football group is a vanity project. Why would he buy football clubs in Ukraine and Uruguay if it was a vanity project? City have got a fantastic business model but it is never reported properly or fairly in the media. I suspect the same is true of Leicester City.
The reason Sheikh Mansour has done all this is because, like all big businesses in the Middle East, he needs to diversify away from reliance on dwindling fossil fuels. He is also a huge investor (one of the biggest in the world) in renewable energy for the same reason.
As I said, I was not trying to belittle your ownership as I am just uninformed, so it was more a 'looking from the outside with only mild interest' point of view, and you are right, same as Leicester, the owners there have done great things.

Never felt the profit was a major driver for Sheikh Mansour, but again that looking from outside as a non fan.

Now everything has died down a bit I don't see what the premier league can do against the six clubs involved. They didn't say they were quitting the premier league, the new competition was more against the champions league. Possibly it would have made fewer places available to enter the SL but realistically how many clubs in the premier league outside of the six English clubs in it would get into the top four anyway? This season two are in those positions but it's touch and go they will end the season there.

UEFA would have more of a case as they were the ones who would be most damaged if it went ahead.

I'm overjoyed it failed but all those calling for punishments that would only hurt innocent managers, players and fans can fuck right off. If that happened I'd say fuck them, join the league then even though I hate it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.