Super League - Positives only!

If we're all honest people are fickle if this ends up going ahead which I doubt, just watch all the people bitching and moaning desperate for dodgy links to watch city vs barca/juve/real

I like the sound of it, think the non relegation thing is a bit shit but it is what it is, the new Champions league sounds really wank and if we're all honest the CL is boring as shit in group stages with the likes of genk etc

Imagine the prem without us and the other 5, it would be on its arse in no time once bt and any withdraw their deals I dont see how they could risk throwing us out.

I think the "greed" and need for more money is coming from one place alone... the players, if they wernt demanding wages of 200-1m per week this wouldn't likely be happening, I'm pretty sure they won't be interested in taking a pay cut and such it's come to this.

Martin Tyler may finally retire ?

We won't lose any more trebles to Wigan Athletic ?

Anthony Taylor may not be invited into the new SL ?

Ed Wood-wood-wood is shown-up to be the dick he clearly is, to every football fan in Europe ?

I'm out of positives now.

Hypothetically, if “super 6” players were to get banned from the Euros, I think England would stand a good chance of winning it.

Lots of talented English players in the other 14 clubs, who are used to playing at a much high level than Spanish/Italian/french alternatives.

We'll always be in it. We can watch with a peace of mind knowing we'll be in it next year.

We can have a laugh at finishing bottom just like the good old days.

We wont get WWYWYWS sung to us... well hopefully not.

We wont be only one's booing an anthem...... if they have one.

Last edited:
One other point I would make is would there be the same reaction if UEFA changed the format of the CL to one that is similar to the proposed new Super League? Probably not.

I'm not saying it's right, but I'm not dismissing it either and I think the initial reaction has been a bit OTT.
The format is great. The closed shop thing should never happen in European football, and all alternatives involving it needs to be voted down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.