Super League - Positives only!

As I said in another thread, my reading of this is its a mid week league that will supplant the CL. There seems to be no reason why we shouldn't remain members of the PL. Given our 'love' for the existing CL and UEFA why are we so against it?
I suspect the Club have been put in a lose,lose situation. Roundly criticised by joining, suffering some pretty serious consequences if we didn't join by continuing to play what would be deemed a lesser competition.
I think this has a way to play out yet and probably doesnt warrant some of the insults that are getting thrown around.
It will kill the PL

We can rest players for every Premier League game cos getting top 4 doesn't matter anymore.

not really a positive though is it?

said it to a mate last night, you’ll see EDS lads and sides like the Chelsea one from sat in prem now.

As I said in another thread, my reading of this is its a mid week league that will supplant the CL. There seems to be no reason why we shouldn't remain members of the PL. Given our 'love' for the existing CL and UEFA why are we so against it?
I suspect the Club have been put in a lose,lose situation. Roundly criticised by joining, suffering some pretty serious consequences if we didn't join by continuing to play what would be deemed a lesser competition.
I think this has a way to play out yet and probably doesnt warrant some of the insults that are getting thrown around.
Agree with a lot of that.

My preference would be to go to a 64-team knockout competition - like the European Cup but with more teams. I accept that for a lot of reasons, mostly money, this would never happen. But something has to change in the CL - the group stage is dire and it's only worth watching from the quarter-finals onwards because there's little jeopardy before that.

One good thing in all this is that we are part of a group that's telling UEFA they've had their day.

Lots of trips abroad (for the few of us who are rich).Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.EVER.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.