Supporters Club tickets

Just out of interest, how many people do you personally know with high points who buy away tickets and pass them on regularly?

I can say that I probably know about 30 lads with high points and every one of them has been to the vast majority of games for decades.

It’s how they got the high number of points.
regularly not many tbh but if I needed a ticket for a mate one would pop up it always does.

I think if they kept giving points for aways but came up with a system where people couldn’t pass tickets on people lower down the points would have a better chance of catching up than they do at the moment

regularly not many tbh but if I needed a ticket for a mate one would pop up it always does.

I think if they kept giving points for aways but came up with a system where people couldn’t pass tickets on people lower down the points would have a better chance of catching up than they do at the moment

And tickets pop up from all different origins.

Look I’m not saying no high pointer has ever bought a ticket to a game they’ve no intention of going to. Of course they have. But this theory that some people on here seem to have that they were buying tickets on an industrial scale to give away to keep their points up, makes no sense to me.

Those with the highest points got in that bracket to start with because they were going to most games when selling on tickets was near impossible because anyone could get one for the vast majority. Most of them for a good while before points as well.

It makes no sense that people in any great numbers would follow City around everywhere for decades when they were shit and then suddenly when the good times finally arrive, decide to start handpicking a few attractive games and selling on the rest.

Personally I’m not really that arsed about losing tickets to OSC that are based locally or where fans have been coming for donkeys years but it’s incredibly frustrating when you see American and other random OSCa getting tickets for big games eg UCL final, especially when they have been to a tiny number of games

Also have a friend in prestwich OSC and has been for quite a few years now, with a season ticket and ~14,000 points. He has yet to receive an away ticket for any game that he has asked for one, even against non big six teams, yet he’s heard of stories about the chairman’s pals getting tickets with less points and less time in the OSC. With a lot of OSCs it is who you know doesn’t matter if you go to more games or are ‘more deserving’ of tickets

Just make the OSC allocation a ballot. You must be linked to a club and purchase the ticket online.

And tickets pop up from all different origins.

Look I’m not saying no high pointer has ever bought a ticket to a game they’ve no intention of going to. Of course they have. But this theory that some people on here seem to have that they were buying tickets on an industrial scale to give away to keep their points up, makes no sense to me.

Those with the highest points got in that bracket to start with because they were going to most games when selling on tickets was near impossible because anyone could get one for the vast majority. Most of them for a good while before points as well.

It makes no sense that people in any great numbers would follow City around everywhere for decades when they were shit and then suddenly when the good times finally arrive, decide to start handpicking a few attractive games and selling on the rest.
I agree with you. What I’m saying is city stopped giving points because people complained that tickets were being bought so people could get the points then pass tickets on.

So now everyone just sits still on the points table. Where as if they still gave points people could catch up eventually. Some on the highest points possible will give up going away games at some stage (family commitments,mortgage,sickness,old age) so younger ones would catch up but now those older ones will stay at the top until they die or give up their season ticket

Extreme example isSomeone who went to every away the last 20 years mite have to give up going to away games tomorrow but still renews their season ticket to go to home gameswill get a ticket for united away for the rest of their life

I agree with you. What I’m saying is city stopped giving points because people complained that tickets were being bought so people could get the points then pass tickets on.

So now everyone just sits still on the points table. Where as if they still gave points people could catch up eventually. Some on the highest points possible will give up going away games at some stage (family commitments,mortgage,sickness,old age) so younger ones would catch up but now those older ones will stay at the top until they die or give up their season ticket

Extreme example isSomeone who went to every away the last 20 years mite have to give up going to away games tomorrow but still renews their season ticket to go to home gameswill get a ticket for united away for the rest of their life

Pretty much the exact point I was trying to make to the guy who said the previous system created a closed shop. We now have the closedest of closed shops to replace it.

We all woman about our newly acquired tourists/fanboys/JCL's and glory hunters. Lamenting about the good old days and the legacy fan being sidelined in the Clubs pursuit of monetised daytrippers.

Our OSC's are the very epitome of old school Blues, proper die-hards who have done the hard yards over many a year. They should be cherished.

Without these branches our descent into being everything we hate about our shitty neighbours would escalate beyond belief and we would truly become a destination club for daytrippers with no investment in our identity, history or Mancness.

Be careful what you wish for...

Many new OSCs are forming, purely on the basis that ticket availability is possible.
Some, like a few I know in China, say they formed so "we can apply for tickets" as told by a few former Shenzhen Blues (first mainland OSC). That's because some groups fragment and get upset by the allocated and limited number of available OSC tickets. From an already limited allocation of away pot, that only exacerbates the issue of availability.

Now it is debatable whether supporters clubs need labelling as heritage or international... or is it better to add loyalty points to OSCs, based on a twenty year recorded history at the Etihad? Has to be a better way than let Barcelona-Man Ure-Real shirt swappers walk into the Etihad week in, week out? Better than to see division amongst our own fanbase too?

If I appear xenophobic, I apologise but 9.5 years living near Shenzhen, and seeing a fanbase grow in a place where City were rarely on TV in 2014, is weird. The new OSCs need vetting by themselves... and legally by the government. There are too many members just interested in success and ease of access.

New OSCs are potentially so numerous, that OSCs in and around Manchester will be dwarfed in volume. The OSC is a great model but how fit for purpose is it? City a behemoth now. In 2011, we were nowhere near the current form. Before 2008 lesser so. Growth is great but sustainability and fairness amongst the City community should be a priority for our fans.

And now, due to pressure from people obsessed that a large percentage of high pointers were points whores, we have a real closed shop, where they can buy as few or even no away tickets for as long as they like, safe in the knowledge that no one can ever make up ground on them as long as they buy for all the home games.

Problem solved.

you are right about the result, ie a closed shop, but as someone who attends I would be happy for the return of loyalty points and a rolling system, loyalty points i earnt 20 years ago shouldn’t be impacting allocations, they should cho of anything earnt 5 years before we stopped awarding loyalty points and start again, and then just keep dropping off the last year, if it was down to me it would be 70% loyalty points 20% supporters club 5% 18 to 22 and 5% for the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.