Supporters Club tickets

Ive got just shy of 23400 points and been everywhere watching us and spent thousands upon thousands and loved every minute of it but ive seen how the club is changing and seen where its going and for me a life long blue watching us win the treble spending more thousands it just felt like the end of a very long journey and part of me left the club if that makes sense.i dont want to go every week any more i dont want to go away to places like palace on a sunday when im up for work monday at 5am.ive done it got the t shirt just like many other blues.ive renewed my season ticket but i think it will be my last season and im fine with that.i knew that day would come where we would probably be everything we hated about utd but thats the reality now.coperates and overseas supporters are now starting to take over and away games are just kids coked up with not half the points required to get in.the ballot will come within the next few years im sure of that and itl make more loyal blues pack it all in.the price of success
My advice to you and anyone else considering not renewing their seasoncard unless for reasons of health, moving away, financial crisis etc is to think long and hard before doing so. Currently there is no route back to getting one and when you factor in the far higher cost of matchday tickets it still would generally make sense to retain your SC if you end up going to some games. As up to ten games can be sold on the ticket exchange (& they all probably would sell) then holding on to a SC for dear life makes a lot of sense.

I don’t have strong views on the away ticket allocation but Branches were shifting extra tickets for a Brighton away, only a few games ago. Loads of the integrity of the points system Blues chose not to go, when this game wasn’t a title decider.

I am fortunate enough to have a huge number of points, I have never understood why a rolling points system hasn't been adopted, I earnt loads of points when we were taking 1/2 allocations, my sympathies lie with those younger who simply were not around to get those points, I could do just the big aways and have my place cemented forever under the present system, its created a closed shop. I deserved to go to big games in 2010 because I had earnt the right from watching crap for seasons earlier, but a rolling system would be far more fluid, and still reward my efforts, while freshening up the system

I am fortunate enough to have a huge number of points, I have never understood why a rolling points system hasn't been adopted, I earnt loads of points when we were taking 1/2 allocations, my sympathies lie with those younger who simply were not around to get those points, I could do just the big aways and have my place cemented forever under the present system, its created a closed shop. I deserved to go to big games in 2010 because I had earnt the right from watching crap for seasons earlier, but a rolling system would be far more fluid, and still reward my efforts, while freshening up the system
Weird that points for away games were binned you can’t catch up by doing the unfancied away games any more

Weird that points for away games were binned you can’t catch up by doing the unfancied away games any more
People just bought and sold on I don’t think there is an answer to any if it, unless you are only allowed so many away tickets person to give everyone a go

My advice to you and anyone else considering not renewing their seasoncard unless for reasons of health, moving away, financial crisis etc is to think long and hard before doing so. Currently there is no route back to getting one and when you factor in the far higher cost of matchday tickets it still would generally make sense to retain your SC if you end up going to some games. As up to ten games can be sold on the ticket exchange (& they all probably would sell) then holding on to a SC for dear life makes a lot of sense.
Maybe your right and a good point.but i think the loyal supporters the ones that were there right from the 80s and 90s through to this present day are the ones who are being frozen out or thats the way it feels to me

It was a closed shop with the points system though. All it did was create "points whores' because some fans knew they would / could buy the ticket for every game, get the points in the bag and them sell the ticket on to a mate at face value for those games they didn't want to go to. It meant that a lot of Blues were going to games via buying tickets off points whores but never getting any points on their own accounts

it never added up to me, we have had some games which were a hard sell, community shields etc in the past, yet no incentives have been offered to attend, my solution would be to remove all tickets sold to tourists and stick them in the pot, ensure supporters clubs allocated to deserving fans, they would at least have to be season card holders or attend home games, and it’s time with bigger stadiums for premier league clubs to collectively offer maybe 4000 tickets as opposed to the out of date 10% or 3000

It was a closed shop with the points system though. All it did was create "points whores' because some fans knew they would / could buy the ticket for every game, get the points in the bag and them sell the ticket on to a mate at face value for those games they didn't want to go to. It meant that a lot of Blues were going to games via buying tickets off points whores but never getting any points on their own accounts

maybe a minority, but bear in mind for years we were taking reduced allocations and I remember being at Villa Park, less than a 1000 turned up, not one mentio of point whores, just the dedicated hardcore, who are still there

Maybe your right and a good point.but i think the loyal supporters the ones that were there right from the 80s and 90s through to this present day are the ones who are being frozen out or thats the way it feels to me
They are but there is no need to cut your nose off to spite your face. I've been a match going supporter since 1962-3 season and a season ticket holder for over 40 years and they aren't prising me out!!

Don't give up your SC without giving it a huge amount of consideration as there is every chance you would hugely regret it

Last edited:
maybe a minority, but bear in mind for years we were taking reduced allocations and I remember being at Villa Park, less than a 1000 turned up, not one mentio of point whores, just the dedicated hardcore, who are still there
Most could get them on their own season cards in those days so it certainly wasn't a closed shop.

What did bolt the door is when allocations to points were slashed, and I know this was done over time, but some games you saw the just like Chelsea away 2014/15 selling out 2k more than Arsenal earlier in the season, both were half price subsidised matches but Chelsea had City in the City . After that Chelsea match we tended to get closer to third to points for the bigger games.

We had a lot of newer away regulars starting going most games from 2008-11 and some of them will be at least 25-28k points now due to more being given out as time went by. From 2011-12 people without high point had missed the boat but youngsters could still accrue high amounts via junior pull through.

Anyone who downgraded to gold on 2011 who may have been on 28k would only be on 19k now if they went to all the same games, but would start to get restricted as time passed so more likely around 17k. Downgrading to gold was opting out of being an away regular as time passed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.