Supporters Club tickets

maybe a minority, but bear in mind for years we were taking reduced allocations and I remember being at Villa Park, less than a 1000 turned up, not one mentio of point whores, just the dedicated hardcore, who are still there

I was not there at that match, from memory, but I reckon a good percentage there were from the much derided supporters clubs.

I've got 23,500 points (and strictly speaking should have more) but qualified for every away game last season, aside from Bournemouth.(but sourced a ticket anyway)

Joined the Cheadle Supporters Club last Summer and loved every minute
£10 to join and usually the same faces on every trip (including two unfashionable trips to Southampton,.plus Crystal Palace, and Bristol City in the FAC)

Suffice to say that if results had gone another way, and Arsenal crowned PL Champions, then that midweek trip to Brighton would have been the deadest of dead rubbers.

The Cheadle Coach would still have been packed.

Ive got just shy of 23400 points and been everywhere watching us and spent thousands upon thousands and loved every minute of it but ive seen how the club is changing and seen where its going and for me a life long blue watching us win the treble spending more thousands it just felt like the end of a very long journey and part of me left the club if that makes sense.i dont want to go every week any more i dont want to go away to places like palace on a sunday when im up for work monday at 5am.ive done it got the t shirt just like many other blues.ive renewed my season ticket but i think it will be my last season and im fine with that.i knew that day would come where we would probably be everything we hated about utd but thats the reality now.coperates and overseas supporters are now starting to take over and away games are just kids coked up with not half the points required to get in.the ballot will come within the next few years im sure of that and itl make more loyal blues pack it all in.the price of success
Yes I agree mate 1973 was my first game so 50 years I’m Getting to the same stage as you don’t really enjoy it as much now, going next week and Athens but will see how things pan out could quite easily watch in the pub with a pint now it gets tiring I’m up at 4-30 every morning and have other priorities ie grandchildren etc which I now would rather spend my spare time with

I don’t have my Seasoncard anymore and have simply got out of the habit of attending because of it. I could manage one now but, at present, it’s not possible to obtain one.

It was a closed shop with the points system though. All it did was create "points whores' because some fans knew they would / could buy the ticket for every game, get the points in the bag and them sell the ticket on to a mate at face value for those games they didn't want to go to. It meant that a lot of Blues were going to games via buying tickets off points whores but never getting any points on their own accounts

And now, due to pressure from people obsessed that a large percentage of high pointers were points whores, we have a real closed shop, where they can buy as few or even no away tickets for as long as they like, safe in the knowledge that no one can ever make up ground on them as long as they buy for all the home games.

Problem solved.

maybe a minority, but bear in mind for years we were taking reduced allocations and I remember being at Villa Park, less than a 1000 turned up, not one mentio of point whores, just the dedicated hardcore, who are still there
We won as well. The traffic was fucking abysmal getting there.

We didn't take many more the following season either but that remains one of my favourite ever aways for being totally unexpected.

We won as well. The traffic was fucking abysmal getting there.

We didn't take many more the following season either but that remains one of my favourite ever aways for being totally unexpected.
The Vassell 1-0 was the bad traffic, if you came off at j7 but it seemed quite a few coaches went to j6 and people were coming in around half time.

The second game was the Distin after burner goal to seal it, one of the best I have seen. Then they moved us down the side for league games into that dangerous stand and it got worse after that.

Not getting points for away games was supposed to stop points whores but in reality nothing has changed. People with high points still buy the tickets and pass them on. If anything now with mobile tickets it’s got easier. You can send the money bank transfer and email the ticket so you don’t have the hassle of meeting some one for money or with the ticket

The Vassell 1-0 was the bad traffic, if you came off at j7 but it seemed quite a few coaches went to j6 and people were coming in around half time.

The second game was the Distin after burner goal to seal it, one of the best I have seen. Then they moved us down the side for league games into that dangerous stand and it got worse after that.
Our coach was early and we got in for kick off but it felt like there wasn't more than 3-400 there by then.

I reckon Villa and Everton are the grounds I've been to most following City.

Not getting points for away games was supposed to stop points whores but in reality nothing has changed. People with high points still buy the tickets and pass them on. If anything now with mobile tickets it’s got easier. You can send the money bank transfer and email the ticket so you don’t have the hassle of meeting some one for money or with the ticket

Just out of interest, how many people do you personally know with high points who buy away tickets and pass them on regularly?

I can say that I probably know about 30 lads with high points and every one of them has been to the vast majority of games for decades.

It’s how they got the high number of points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.