Surreal Moments at City Games

WBA away late 80's. It was at the peak of the inflatables - I remember a big fight between a blow-up doll, Frankenstein, a shark and a banana - then an inflatable bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale pitched in to the tune of "You Dirty Geordie Bastard"
Hopkins the ex-City player came over to us to take a corner, saw it and just shook his head in dis-belief.
I took a few non City mates to that. One of them had never been to any game before and I don’t think he’s been since. I wonder if he thinks that happens at every City game

Playing Wolves away Paul Butler the Wolves captain got sent off.
When I got to the minibus taking us back to Manchester he was there waiting. Turns out one of the lads on the bus was his mate. He must of dived in the shower got dressed and fucked off out the ground before the game finished. His manager David Jones iirc at the time must have been livid when he got back to the changing rooms. He went in the piss with us all night.
As big a blue as they come is Paul Butler

Around 1966-7 before the game, Liverpool's mascot planted a large Liverpool flag in the centre circle, and City's mascot, (aged about 17 in full City kit) ran over and there was a full scale fist fight in the centre circle, cheered on by The Kippax.

Edit:- Beaten to it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.