Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

Watching the Sven documentary on Prime. 19 minutes in and all is interesting. Then enter the British scumbag press and I have to take a pause. I'm now going to listen to Neil Wallis of the News of the World and my skin is literally crawling.

The gentleman that is Sven versus these cunts. Yuck.
I thought the documentary was a bit one dimensional, nearly all focused on his time with England and the various “scandals”, typical media - what shined through is Sven’s niceness against the media’s dirtiness

I'm always kind of surprised to be reminded he was only here a year. From the results on the pitch to the optimism of the new signings being announced, I remember that year quite fondly. He'd have done well for us under our current owners I have no doubt, and we were able to take advantage both of his reputation and immense player knowledge to bring in very exciting but lesser known players at that time. Imagine if we'd have given him three times the dosh and told him to get us challenging for top four!

Wasn't helped at all by Thaksin, and it showed in the second half of the season, but throughout he was extremely professional. Beating that lot twice that season, well, for anyone who hasn't been following city for over a decade let me tell you that was on par with getting to a cup final. I won't mention Middlesbrough too much, not sure the full story will ever come out there but I don't blame Sven for it at all.

Thanks Sven, a true gent until the end and departs us most likely having made more people happy than not.

Love you Sven, thank you for all you did for us, thank you for the memories, and rest in peace. Top, top fella. Top, top manager.

A legend of the game, and in his solitary year with us he became a legend of this club too, and stole all of our hearts.

His passion exuded outwards and filled the whole team, he brought back a spirit to our side that frankly had disappeared under Pearce. Tactical knowledge was spot on, so was his man-management, so was his recruitment. I haven't ever had a bad word to say about the man, and I don't think there's a blue out there who doesn't love him.

It was a very enjoyable season we shared together, and it created for us the foundation stones that the ADUG project would go-on to build upon.

P.S. I haven't been through the thread, has there been any mention of doing something for him at the West Ham game or at home to Brentford?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.