Sven

remoh said:
PoolHustler said:
I disagree mate, we played maybe 4/5 good games under Sven and the rest was like watching paint dry.
Let's face it even if he had the money we still would've been shit to watch, after all look at the kind of football he played with England's so called golden age!
He's not for me mate, I like to be entertained, I'm glad we got rid.

4/5 good games? and yet we were near the top of the table at Christmas? with a new team?
There was a lot of skill in that side to admire.

Were you watching the same England team who beat Argentina and thrashed Germany? How many England managers have managed that?
Look what results the following manager got with the same 'golden' players!

You're obviously not a Sven fan, but facts are facts and should not be overlooked in order to support a personal prejudice.
Give it a rest! Every team can have great moments but when it really counted his England team were lacking. Not in ability but in management! That was plain to see for his entire term in charge. He had a great team of players under him and on their day they could beat anyone, unfortunately when it wasn't their day their manager looked clueless as to how to change things. Just like City did under him.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
remoh said:
4/5 good games? and yet we were near the top of the table at Christmas? with a new team?
There was a lot of skill in that side to admire.

Were you watching the same England team who beat Argentina and thrashed Germany? How many England managers have managed that?
Look what results the following manager got with the same 'golden' players!

You're obviously not a Sven fan, but facts are facts and should not be overlooked in order to support a personal prejudice.
Give it a rest! Every team can have great moments but when it really counted his England team were lacking. Not in ability but in management! That was plain to see for his entire term in charge. He had a great team of players under him and on their day they could beat anyone, unfortunately when it wasn't their day their manager looked clueless as to how to change things. Just like City did under him.

Sven was the only England manager to get anything out of that 'golden generation'.

The previous manager failed with them and so did the following boss. To me that is significant.

FFS. If Mercer and Allison were still in charge who do you think they would've bought in the transfer window!!

Godfather said:
Goats left knee said:
bresciano1_narrowweb__300x328,0.jpg

would surely be in the bag at this stage!

I was really looking forward to getting bresciano, gutted we didnt sign him.

I've got the shirt with his name on that he was supposed to hold up for the camera's. He would have been number 13. Unlucky for some eh?

Stevinio said:
Godfather said:
I was really looking forward to getting bresciano, gutted we didnt sign him.

I've got the shirt with his name on that he was supposed to hold up for the camera's. He would have been number 13. Unlucky for some eh?

listen im australian and even i dont think we shouldve got bresciano.

remoh said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:

Sven was the only England manager to get anything out of that 'golden generation'.

The previous manager failed with them and so did the following boss. To me that is significant.

Sven was an OK manager. He got the golden generation at the right time. He was good with his team, but sometimes was not somebody who could control his players. I felt he lacked technically. He isn't somebody who develops teams.
He spent alot of money to achieve success at the sides he previously managed, but never invested in the future, hence the clubs are slightly stuggling now..
Hughes know what is needed for the PL, Sven having watch the PL for all the years he was manager of England, still struggled once the team was found out.

crystal_mais said:
remoh said:

Sven was an OK manager. He got the golden generation at the right time. He was good with his team, but sometimes was not somebody who could control his players. I felt he lacked technically. He isn't somebody who develops teams.
He spent alot of money to achieve success at the sides he previously managed, but never invested in the future, hence the clubs are slightly stuggling now..
Hughes know what is needed for the PL, Sven having watch the PL for all the years he was manager of England, still struggled once the team was found out.

Sven didnt have the money...

remoh said:
PoolHustler said:
Just thank the lord that he isn't our manager otherwise we would've ended up with shit like Beckham, Owen, Ronaldo (fat one) and loads more shite that he found on youtube!

He bought the best players that he could, given the lack of time. (and then, in january, the lack of money.)

Have you forgotten already how his cobbled-together team took the league by storm in the first half-season. That, and our eventual position, were a credit to him, under the circumstances.

How soon we forget!

its just the usual arrogance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.