Sven

tn2_goal%2521_2_living_the_dream_4.jpg

sorry couldn't resist!

RobbieBrewer said:
Chippy_boy said:
This is clearly a ridiculous thread. But how anyone can say Sven is a poor manager having twice reached the Champions League (European Cup) final with different teams, winning it once, and various league titles to his name. Compared to Hughes, who has won fuck all.

Hughes may end up being a great manager - I hope he will prove so. But Sven has nothing to prove.

I "couldnt imagine <Bobby Robson> bollocking the players" either, but that doesn't mean he was a bad manager.

That's absolutely true.Sven's the 5th most decorated manager in the history of football.
And to underestimate that "galloping start" that lasted for 10 home games with players like Petrov,Geovanni and Elano after we'd just watched the most horrendous record-setting anti-football shite the season before is ridiculous.

I defy any manager to do what Sven did and attract the calibre of player he did to our club in four weeks.
Fuck what happened later in the season,the guy worked a minor miracle to take a club ON IT'S FUCKING ARSE THE SEASON BEFORE into the top four.....make no mistake,without Sven and Frank this club we love would've been looking at almost certain relegation.

We wouldn't be where we are now without him-show some class ffs.

If Sven is that good, why is he at Notts County and not at one of Europes top clubs. There have been some high profile jobs going recently, ther is no doubting Svens history. He was a good manager but i think his chase for the Money far supercedes his passion for the game.

keemcfc said:
PoolHustler said:
I disagree mate, we played maybe 4/5 good games under Sven and the rest was like watching paint dry.
Let's face it even if he had the money we still would've been shit to watch, after all look at the kind of football he played with England's so called golden age!
He's not for me mate, I like to be entertained, I'm glad we got rid.
sven > hughes.

he finnished higher up the table with a much worse squad, he kept everyone happy and we got into uefa with him (fair play but it still counts, we didnt get in this year because hughes is a 'get your foot in' type manager.
the players loved him, when we lost 8-1 to borough the reason was obviously that the players were upset at thick-shit shittawatra sacking sven.

anyway, when you say that we played 4/5 good games under sven, a) well we obviously did better that season because 9th > 10th and b) you could say the same about hughes, a couple of big wins at the start of the season, then we struggled against everyone.

and we did the double over a stronger united team with sven.

i actually cant belive that some supposed 'city fans' are slagging him off after what he did for us.

im not saying that i hate hughes or want him out, im just saying that sven is a better manager from what ive seen.

and i dont agree with people saying he would sign shit players, just look at the players he signed for us when he took over with not much time of the transfer window left, plus, sven would have had a bigger appeal than hughes to players coming in, and we wouldve have a bigger chance at getting them because of that.

and sven was the one that developed joe hart into a keeper that could play for most teams around the world, whilst, at the same time, keeping schmeichel happy.

That made me laugh. To call Hughes City team a bunch of cloggers is a complete load of shite, I suppose next you'll be saying Sven's City always played glorious free flowing football :-/

Hughes team got stronger over the course of the season, Sven's team got found out half way though and died a death, and he simply didn't have a clue how to turn things around.

Sorry mate I'd much rather have Hughes in charge of our club then a washed up playboy any day of the week

PoolHustler said:
Sven's team got found out half way though and died a death,
"Got found out", that is a myth. The squad was too thin, simple as that. After all it cost £240 million less than the squad we have now.

crystal_mais said:
RobbieBrewer said:
That's absolutely true.Sven's the 5th most decorated manager in the history of football.
And to underestimate that "galloping start" that lasted for 10 home games with players like Petrov,Geovanni and Elano after we'd just watched the most horrendous record-setting anti-football shite the season before is ridiculous.

I defy any manager to do what Sven did and attract the calibre of player he did to our club in four weeks.
Fuck what happened later in the season,the guy worked a minor miracle to take a club ON IT'S FUCKING ARSE THE SEASON BEFORE into the top four.....make no mistake,without Sven and Frank this club we love would've been looking at almost certain relegation.

We wouldn't be where we are now without him-show some class ffs.

If Sven is that good, why is he at Notts County and not at one of Europes top clubs. There have been some high profile jobs going recently, ther is no doubting Svens history. He was a good manager but i think his chase for the Money far supercedes his passion for the game.

You've answered your own question.He's gone for the money and the vision of the future that the new owners have sold him.
Exactly what Barry,Adebayor,Tevez etc, have done with us.That's how football works.

I refer you back to the points I made earlier regarding his time at the club.
He attracted a calibre of player that we would've had no chance of getting....remember,in the previous season we'd gone ten games at home without scoring a goal,and stayed up because of two away victores earned by a striker that later went on a free to Plymouth and a five foot on-loan winger from the MLS.
We had absloutely no money,Pearce was pissing about part-time with the u21's,we were being linked with the likes of Warnock,the chairman wanted out,Richards was our only bright-spark tipped to be sold to the rags any day-make no mistake WE WERE IN THE SHIT BIG TIME.

The Frank bought us and appointed Sven....and in four weeks he galvanised the club,put together a team that managed a record number of home victories-playing the type of football which was the exact polar opposite of what we'd watched for the last two seasons.

He gave the club it's HOPE and PRIDE back.

Sure,the wheels came off after Frank mooted he was going to get the sack.But you simply cannot underestimate the effect Sven had on a club that had simply run out of ideas at boardroom level,one that was basically staring into the abyss.

I defy any other manager WE COULD'VE ATTRACTED AT THE TIME to do what he did AT THE TIME HE DID IT.

Neil Warnock,anyone?

PoolHustler said:
keemcfc said:
sven > hughes.

he finnished higher up the table with a much worse squad, he kept everyone happy and we got into uefa with him (fair play but it still counts, we didnt get in this year because hughes is a 'get your foot in' type manager.
the players loved him, when we lost 8-1 to borough the reason was obviously that the players were upset at thick-shit shittawatra sacking sven.

anyway, when you say that we played 4/5 good games under sven, a) well we obviously did better that season because 9th > 10th and b) you could say the same about hughes, a couple of big wins at the start of the season, then we struggled against everyone.

and we did the double over a stronger united team with sven.

i actually cant belive that some supposed 'city fans' are slagging him off after what he did for us.

im not saying that i hate hughes or want him out, im just saying that sven is a better manager from what ive seen.

and i dont agree with people saying he would sign shit players, just look at the players he signed for us when he took over with not much time of the transfer window left, plus, sven would have had a bigger appeal than hughes to players coming in, and we wouldve have a bigger chance at getting them because of that.

and sven was the one that developed joe hart into a keeper that could play for most teams around the world, whilst, at the same time, keeping schmeichel happy.

That made me laugh. To call Hughes City team a bunch of cloggers is a complete load of shite, I suppose next you'll be saying Sven's City always played glorious free flowing football :-/

Hughes team got stronger over the course of the season, Sven's team got found out half way though and died a death, and he simply didn't have a clue how to turn things around.

Sorry mate I'd much rather have Hughes in charge of our club then a washed up playboy any day of the week

IF Hughes team "got stronger over the course of the season", how fooking bad were they to have finished behind Sven's half fit-mediocre 9th finishing team...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.