Sven

I liked him, think he did about as well as he could with us at the time, played some good football with some good players to watch. To be fair, that's pretty much the best we could realistically hope for at that exact time.

Would've been interesting to see what he could've done if he was around after the takeover instead of Hughes.

Anyway he loves the fanny and comes across as a pretty nice fella, so can't knock him.

I owe a lot to my dad in being a city fan. Born into a rugby family based down south but knew my grandads routes came from Manchester I started supporting city as a kid. Like most kids my parents probably thought it would be a short lived phase but no I fell in love with city. My first game I went to live was the 1-1 at home against Boro in 2005 so got introduced to city in good fashion. My dad took me to many games, always the last home game of the season and always the home derby as well as trips to London for away games. The first time I ever saw city win was the derby game Giovanni scored and we won 1-0 under Sven.

I fukin love that Elano free kick v Newcastle. There’s been harder hit, there’s been ones with more dip & swerve. But in terms of a straight arrow in to the top bin, with no dip/swerve, has there been better ?
Elano would have been a special player for us if we never hired Hughes imho. That free-kick has to be one of the best I've ever seen. He goes goalkeepers side from 35 yards, and it's PL legend Shay Given in goal, and he gets nowhere near it.

Note his assist to Johnson vs Derby and how similar it is to Scholes' assist to Carrick in the OT derby,
or his assist to Bianchi vs West Ham - reminiscent of KDB. If we had stuck with Sven or hired a proper top coach instead of Sparky, he could have been a club legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.