Sven

As someone else has said, he had no Plan B. Once other clubs had us sussed then we were well beaten. That second half of the season decline was very troubling.

I’m assuming 8-1 v Middlesbrough is our record Premier League defeat?

It just dawned on me that he was fired on June 2nd and therefore not while I was on my honeymoon.
I though he was fired soon after the 8-1 (which did, in fact occur while I was on my honeymoon).
Apologies for any distress I may have caused.

He was a strange one old Sven. I couldn't really get past what he did with England and I felt that, rightly or wrongly, he seemed to have no care for the team he managed. I felt he couldn't be trusted with England and he tarnished the role and basically what we saw was someone who was selfish and cared for his own gratification and what he could get out of jobs. I suspect he was utterly ruthless.

Anyway, I was quite pleased when he came to City as he was a 'big name' and I felt could bring in some decent players. We started well with him but we fell away. I don't blame him for that, we just didn't have the money he needed I don't think to build the team up.

Overall, he was someone I don't remember with much fondness or dislike. He took the money, managed us then left with even more money and continued to chase every last penny in every other job he had since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.