Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why city is always find it difficult to overcome Swans in their home ground? why? With the quality of our players, manager and all the support we have, this should not be a great challenge. I really do not understand why?

Do not give me reasons such as they are playing in their homeground, or their passing abilities........etc etc, because we are far the better team in all aspects of the game.

Millennium said:
I don't know why city is always find it difficult to overcome Swans in their home ground? why? With the quality of our players, manager and all the support we have, this should not be a great challenge. I really do not understand why?

Do not give me reasons such as they are playing in their homeground, or their passing abilities........etc etc, because we are far the better team in all aspects of the game.

I think the manager, and players get up for the big boys, but without Micuh and several other players, Swansea aren't the same team as previous seasons, our away form has picked up as well, but I'm not expecting the players to take this easy, far from it, our recent performances here should be formost in their minds! and hopefully keep them focused for the whole 90+ mins, quietly confident we can continue our recent form, even if it's a ground out win!

lancs blue said:
Conditions could bc bad today, it's been hammering down for most of the night here in Swansea and blowing a gale. I hope the pitch drains well!

forecast is for heavy rain all day, hope the game doesn't turn into a lottery

Considering that Silva is out, i think we will start with 4-4-2, and switch up once we have a lead in the 2nd....

Or the other way around - start off slow and then chase the goal in the 2nd.

Either way - decent time with two-striker formation should be expected.

My guess is

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Clichy
Fernandinho
Y Toure
Milner
Nasri
Navas
Negredo

Kolarov a possible for Jimmy on the left side.

I really don't think we can afford to play 2 up front against them. Dzeko and Negredo don't work well together anyway.

2-1 to us (Negredo & Fernandinho).

Rammyblues said:
If Hull and Palace are the equivalent of Reading and Wigan last year

Our away form against these sides was as follows

Hull/Wigan 3 pts
Palace/Reading 3 pts
Norwich 3 points
Swansea 1 pt
Newcastle 3 pts
Tottenham 0 pts
Arsenal 3 points
Liverpool 1 point
Rags 3 points
Everton 0 pts

A total of 20 points out of a maximum 30. If we can achieve this again and maintain our home form we should be there or thereabouts.
Even if we win every single home game, that would only get us 77 points.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:25 am --<br /><br />
tonea2003 said:
lancs blue said:
Conditions could bc bad today, it's been hammering down for most of the night here in Swansea and blowing a gale. I hope the pitch drains well!

forecast is for heavy rain all day, hope the game doesn't turn into a lottery
I'll put a few lines down if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.