Swansea (a) Post Match Thread

Compare the two squads squads on paper and reconsider. The biggest difference was the men at the helm and in that respect there is no competition in my mind as to who was the better manager. That is the difference you are probably missing.

If you think the current squad, even without the incredible catalogue of injuries, is stronger than the 2012 version you can't be helped

It really did sum our season up, down to the unlucky (for us) deflected goal that they scored but preceded by the sloppy concession of possession you refer to and Ota going to ground.

However, we did give Swansea very few sniffs at our goal and deserved at least a point.

Good to be there to see Pellers get a proper send off from our support.

I didn't go today. Did Ya Ya get a decent receptions? It was hard to tell on the telly

You're making the same mistake as all the other posters in comparing managers from the days when we were skint (Allison perhaps is the exception as we wasted a fair chunk in his 2nd spell). I perhaps should have said 'one of the worst' and not THE worst. I just think that based on the players he's had at his disposal his management of the team has been truly and utterly woeful - I honestly believe all of those you mention could have got us higher than 4th place this year.

Ok then, since the money came in he has won a league and cup double, another league cup and landed us a CL semi final so stop talking shit!

Time for him to go no problems with that but to dismiss he record with us is frankly embarrassing and churlish to say the least.

Rags going to play this Tuesday...

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 3m3 minutes ago
Confirmed: Manchester United v Bournemouth to be played this Tuesday at 8pm

Cihd4wkWkAEsXz9.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

That is good. Hopefully United will see winning at all (to secure fifth and no Europa qualifier) and winning the cup as their best end to the season than busting a gut at the possible expense of the final.

Especially in pursuit of a match score where they would likely need those Buddhist monks that rescued us today in defence and Derren Brown partnering Penn and Teller up front to get 19.

I think the views on here prove once and for all that we value the Premier League way above the Champions League (and also that the League Cup is little more than a sideshow). Wining a pot and a CL semi-final is a pretty good achievement but the finishing 15 points behind the Premier League champions is a massive disappointment to say the least. Had we finished 4th by 2 points as a result of a dodgy refereeing decision or two then I imagine people may view this season quite differently.

We were clinging on to 4th place prior to kick off, and only just got there by full time. That's clinging on in my book. You're looking at it from a micro level of us dominating in the game, I'm looking at it from a macro level that it came down to the last game was therefore clinging on to 4th in the final game. Ultimately were just one goal from Swansea away from not making top 4. That's cutting it way too fine for my liking.

Even during the game, the last half hour was us settling for a draw. Yes we were the better side all game, but to me, playing for a draw In the last 30 mins) to scrape into the top 4 is clinging on.

Ok lol

That is good. Hopefully United will see winning at all (to secure fifth and no Europa qualifier) and winning the cup as their best end to the season than busting a gut at the possible expense of the final.

Especially in pursuit of a match score where they would likely need those Buddhist monks that rescued us today in defence and Derren Brown partnering Penn and Teller up front to get 19.

It's shit because it just means they'll throw the Bournemouth game and rest players for the final, thus increasing their chances of winning the pot.

They should win the pot anyway, Palace are shit, but they're not going to overturn and 18 goal deficit.

Hope they go reasonably strong, get the points to finish with automatic group stage Europa (Mourinho can't throw the qualifier in preseason to ease the fixture list) and pick up a few niggling injuries and lose on the weekend, would be a more pleasant end to the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.