Swansea (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory, maybe yes. Leave it there.

Fernando to cover the mid all the time?
Forget about Gundo in that position, he is further up the pitch.
Garcia as a holding mid? Hm.

Interesting mindgames, but no need at all to shake up a winning squad. It also would be a direct public critizism of our right backs.
Why should Pep start that discussion?

If Pep would be in need to change something or to surprise an opponent, okay. But Swansea? Come on...

At some stage he will address the issue of how to fit Gundogan, Fernandhino, Silva & KDB in the same team. If Silva is fully fit this might be the game to do it. But I think its more likely he will stick with the same formation, with Silva on the bench.

Confidence should be high going into this after tonight's result, and with the big guns to come back in.

Bravo
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Only one of that side started against Swansea so if that line up is on the money and unless their is a last minute hick up with any of them I suspect it will be ( Silva was back in full training this week I notice ) at least they will be refreshed somewhat.

Swansea played 5 players plus 2 subs that played on Sunday against Southampton.

They will start with their record signing and Llorente off a six day break so we go into the match with a big advantage freshness wise.

Hoping Sane gets the nod to start tomorrow, about time he shows us what he's really all about rather than doing a bit of a Yaya impersonation, and surrounded by the likes of KDB,Silva,Aguero etc he'll have no excuses.
What are you on about monkey give the guy a chance to settle in

With the amount of games we have to play I can't see DeBruyne Silva Gundogan and Fernandinho ever starting in the same game barring injuries. I think Pep will rotate DeBruyne Silva and Gundogan for the two cm positions and fill in with squad players when needed.This will keep all of them from getting worn out. Playing them out of position just doesn't make sense to me when we have quality wingers.

You seem to be bored already with City winning all the time and want to mix up the well-balanced squad? :)

Fernandinho covers so much ground in the middle of the park. He can't do that near the line. He would lose his biggest strength.

Indeed Zab and Sagna would be confused. And you forgot about about Maffeo, the backup kid on RB.
Pace on the wing is not our problem at all. And wait a bit to see Jesus coming in. And Moreno. And Roberts.

Fernandinho is a monster in the mid. Every opponent would smile to see him near the line. Believe me.

if you have been watching how our full backs have been playing most of the time then you would see that Ferna would be absolutely ideal to play there....Gudongan would take over where Ferna would be and he is the ideal replacement....

i never mentioned pace as problem on the wing some I'm not sure where you are going with that one....we have enough pace in what we have and will have in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.