Swansea (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its our best 11 !! Think this XI can match any in the world except Real and Barca.
I'm usually City old school, in that I'm trying to lose the 'doom n gloom' tag but, regarding your post, yes that probably is our current strongest 11, but I also think that team would even frustrate Real and Barca.... Definitely not wearing blue tinted specs!

While Swansea did rotate, eight players who featured against Southampton also played against us last night. Given that we should be able to bring in more fresher players, it should increase our advantage.

Southampton v Swansea

Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Kingsley, Ki Sung-yueng, Cork, Fer, Barrow, Llorente, Sigurdsson.
Subs
ven der Hoorn, Britton, Gonzalez Tomas, Nordfeldt, Routledge, Montero, Rangel

Swansea City v Manchester City
Nordfeldt, Rangel, van der Hoorn, Amat, Taylor, Cork, Britton, Naughton, Fulton, Routledge, Gonzalez Tomas.
Subs
Fer, Llorente, Barrow, Sigurdsson, Tremmel, Fernandez, Kingsley

those in bold were substitutes/substituted.

We've got a big run of fixtures coming so I'd like to see him keep rotating, without playing his full strength side out on Saturday. I'd probably rest Silva again from the start, but bring him on for either Gundogan or De Bruyne to give him 20 mins.

Bravo
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Navas/Sane
De Bruyne
Gundogan
Sterling
Aguero

For Celtic I don't think we'll need our best 11 either, but against Spurs, Everton and Barca we definitely will.
Gundogan will prove to be one of the biggest bargain signings ever IMO...

Confidence should be high going into this after tonight's result, and with the big guns to come back in.

Bravo
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Assuming those named are fit, that's my team too. Pep likes his wingers to keep width and make space though but can't see De Bruyne being deployed the same way. Which makes me think Navas or Sane will play.

They will be crushed and skinned and boiled .... .
After this game Kun is back :-)

I think its our best 11 !! Think this XI can match any in the world except Real and Barca.

Real look woefully unbalanced already this year,
Yes they won the CL last year which seems incredible to look past, but they had a pretty simple run up to the final (including us, we were shite last year lets face it) and have started this season winning games despite playing terribly.
Dont think theyll even finish in the top 2 in spain this year if they carry on, so I would fancy us head to head against them as things stand

Barca look weaker than normal too, a loss against that Alaves side and they couldnt put atletico away last night
I think we are on a par with anyone BAR bayern right now..

Has the manager gone?

Talkragshite & Hartson as I was having a piss were talking about Giggs being there and what he will do, if the manager still there it was a dreadful piece.

Bravo
Sagna Otamendi Stones Kolarov
Fernandinho
Sterling KDB Gundogan Silva
Aguero

Subs: Willy, Clichy, Zab, Fernando, Sane, Garcia, Kelechi​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.