Swansea (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2 worked really well against West Ham in the second half so I'd go with that. If we take a decent lead, bring Mangala on for one of the strikers and go 4-3-3 by moving Fernandinho into the middle.

---------------Aguero----Jesus

Sane----------KDB-------Dave------Sterling

--Delph==----Fern------Nico-------Walker

----------------------Eder

Pep isn't going Shaktar in any competition that isn't clinched.

--------------Ederson-------------
Walker---Nic--Mangala-----Danilo
---------------Gundogan-------------
Sterling---DeBruyne-Silva---Sane
-------------Agueroooooooooooooo

Dinho needs to be protected for Spurs

Book it.

Like the look of that team mate.

Maybe Bernardo coming in as well, but that will be the only real rotation.

Like the look of that team mate.

Maybe Bernardo coming in as well, but that will be the only real rotation.
Yeah, Nard Dog in to keep Merlin fresh. With him and Gundogan getting more games they're likely to get up to speed which will make City even better.

-------------------Ederson------------------
Walker----Otamendi---Mangala---Delph
------------------Gundogan-----------------
-----------De Bruyne-----D.Silva----------
Sterling-----------Aguero-------------Diaz

Bench: Bravo, Danilo, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, Jesus

I was very happy that Pep started Jesus against Utd but he does continue to look a bit out of sorts in front of goal. There's no reason not to bring Aguero in for this one to freshen things up. Hopefully one of them will re-find some kind of goalscoring form soon.

Having beaten Utd, i'm more relaxed about the Spurs game now, but we still need Fernandinho and Sane rested and ready for that game more than risking a suspension starting in this one. Quietly, i think Gundogan is looking better with each game so it's another opportunity to give him a start. Swansea tend to sit pretty deep so i think Gundogan or De Bruyne are more than capable of playing the Fernandinho role in this game.

I thought Brahim Diaz was genuinely excellent against Shakhtar. He looked far more likely to actually make something happen in that short cameo than Bernardo has over 90 minutes recently. Why not give him a start? Obviously no Premier League game is easy but Swansea have the worst home record in the league and don't carry much of a threat down that flank. Not that i wouldn't give him a game in the cup against Leicester, but in an otherwise strong line-up, this feels like an even more suitable game for him to just go out and express himself among genuine first-teamers. If he struggles or tires, we've got Sane and Bernardo on the bench. But there's a lot to be gained in terms of options going forward if he plays well.

This could be a perfect game to rest a few. I'd go with the following, give Brahim his debut, and have a very strong bench if things aren't going to plan.

Danilo----Otamendi---Mangala---Delph
-----------Bernardo-----D.Silva----------

I'd play B Silva for Sterling, Raz did look like he copped a bit of a knock to the thigh in the second half although he seemed to run it off. keep him and sane fresh for spurs. like to be looking to give David on a half game as well if we can get off to a good start.

I'd play B Silva for Sterling, Raz did look like he copped a bit of a knock to the thigh in the second half although he seemed to run it off. keep him and sane fresh for spurs. like to be looking to give David on a half game as well if we can get off to a good start.
If we decided to rest Sterling and Sane, maybe we could play 3 at the back with Zinchenko and Danilo as wing backs and Jesus and Aguero together up top?

This could be a perfect game to rest a few. I'd go with the following, give Brahim his debut, and have a very strong bench if things aren't going to plan.

Danilo----Otamendi---Mangala---Delph
-----------Bernardo-----D.Silva----------

Don't think we should rest to many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.