Swansea (H) first game of the season to be moved?

mcfcliam said:
SWP's back said:
mcfcliam said:
I can make some sundays...work alternate sundays.

PMSL at the last line...as if I'll ever be grateful to a company that tears that heart out of football.

Monday 8pm? Fuck off.
You realise Sky saved football and without it, we would never see the players that currently grace our games? You haven't a clue Liam.

I'd see the players, yeah...'cos I'd turn up to Eastlands and watch them play.

As long as I can attend City games, I don't give a fuck about watching the other teams.

You should take Garry Cook's job mate...we'd all be blowing up balloons to frighten the away fans and holding up 'We love Sky' placards while also singing 'we all follow our business, over land and sea, we are paying customers, 'cos we love Man Cityyyy'!

In all seriousness, I do agree with you on the Swansea game...other than that, I don't really care about watching other games, I could live without that.

You wouldn't see the players Liam as before Sky, domestic football was dying a lon slow death and was perhaps the 4th (at best) biggest league in Europe. So these players would not be there at the ground for you to watch.

Once again, you are talking out of your bum with regards to something you know little about.

Without Sky, we would never have been taken over.

Not everything Sky has done is positive (nothing ever is and I miss Saturday 3pms though I can hardly remember them) but Sky have done far more good than bad.

Productive as always, Lee. *rolls eyes*

SWP, fair does, Sky has done some good e.g. TV money into clubs, broadcasting the best players in the league, advertisement...

They have also done some fucking shite things e.g. taking the piss with fixture changes, making away fans travel obscene distances on a Monday nights, Sunday afternoons...

I wouldn't mind Monday night games and Sunday afternoon games as long as we were playing a local side, who's fans wouldn't find it difficult to get there.

Why do you think we saw 700 West Ham fans on a Sunday afternoon? 'Cos it's hard on a Sunday, if it was a Saturday, we'd have seen the full 2,800...many examples in regards to this.

mcfcliam said:

SWP, fair does, Sky has done some good e.g. TV money into clubs, broadcasting the best players in the league, advertisement...

They have also done some fucking shite things e.g. taking the piss with fixture changes, making away fans travel obscene distances on a Monday nights, Sunday afternoons...

I wouldn't mind Monday night games and Sunday afternoon games as long as we were playing a local side, who's fans wouldn't find it difficult to get there.

Why do you think we saw 700 West Ham fans on a Sunday afternoon? 'Cos it's hard on a Sunday, if it was a Saturday, we'd have seen the full 2,800...many examples in regards to this.

so you've never posted a random popcorn picture in a random thread hmm
someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

mcfcliam said:

I wouldn't mind Monday night and Sunday afternoon games as long as we were playing a local side, who's fans wouldn't find it difficult to get there.

But all these things link together, because the fixture changes are made, in the main, so that the advertisement can be made, and advertisement = money, and that money is what pays the players' wages. You can't have one without the other. I remember watching first division matches at shit stadiums, shit players and shit everything else. It's not possible to describe how better it is now, and if the odd Sunday/Monday match is what makes that happen, it's a tiny sacrifice to make.

lee-mcfc said:
mcfcliam said:

Joining in with the Sky discussion?

Anything in regards to my post?

Pigeonho said:
mcfcliam said:

I wouldn't mind Monday night and Sunday afternoon games as long as we were playing a local side, who's fans wouldn't find it difficult to get there.

But all these things link together, because the fixture changes are made, in the main, so that the advertisement can be made, and advertisement = money, and that money is what pays the players' wages. You can't have one without the other. I remember watching first division matches at shit stadiums, shit players and shit everything else. It's not possible to describe how better it is now, and if the odd Sunday/Monday match is what makes that happen, it's a tiny sacrifice to make.

Fair point but you can see where I'm coming from when I mentioned away fans travelling obscene distances just so Sky can make a few quid?

Wigan at home on a Sunday, fair enough, Newcastle at home on a Sunday, a bit silly.

It's the fans what suffer at the end of the day.

mcfcliam said:
lee-mcfc said:
mcfcliam said:

I'm fine thanks Sir i'v posted what i wanted to post so i'm good.

mcfcliam said:
lee-mcfc said:
mcfcliam said:

Pigeonho said:
mcfcliam said:

Fair point but you can see where I'm coming from when I mentioned away fans travelling obscene distances just so Sky can make a few quid?

Wigan at home on a Sunday, fair enough, Newcastle at home on a Sunday, a bit silly.

It's the fans what suffer at the end of the day.
Yeah you have a more than valid point, and it's shit for those who can't go because of those daft times, but that is a small sacrifice to make in the grand scheme of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.