Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a fit captain Komps organising and playing regularly in our back line I feel we certainly will be more solid.

Cant wait for the game Sunday. The feel good factor is really coming back.

Can we cut the Mancini/Pellegrini stuff please? Bloody useless discussion and more so in this topic.

No need to rest players imo. But others need a few extra minutes. Pep probably just looks at a few tactical issues and let the ones in form go out and play.

Hopefully we get our home form in order and start building a fortress again. Let's stop the inconsistency.

.......................Bravo
........Otter .......Komp........Stones..............
.............Dinho...........YaYa.......................
Raz...................Kev.......................Sane
..........Jesus................Kun.......................

But I am as crazed as a baboon :)

I would not change the midfield or attack from Wednesday. They've had Thursday, Friday and Saturday to rest and will have a full week after this game. I would contemplate putting Kompany in just to get more minutes in his legs. When the front three are clearly in good form and playing well together then there's no need to split them up.

More than likely that one or more of Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs will drop points on Saturday so this will probably be an opportunity to get back into the top 4. We have to take it.

Huge game on Sunday for me. Interesting to see what side Pep goes with. In his shoes i'd be loathed to make many/if any changes. How do you put in Kun in when you have to take out one of Sterling or Sane (or Jesus) - all three of whom were instrumental to the West Ham win. Similarly i'd love Vinny to get 90 minutes in a PL game but how do you take anyone out of a back 4 which has just kept a clean sheet away in the PL and looked relatively secure for the first time in ages. Even Toure vs Fernandinho. Right now Toure's playing at such a high level that bringing Ferna in would feel like a step backwards in terms of what we are as an attacking unit.

So my guess. Of the decisions Pep's gotta make, he'll change in one area. So either Vinny for Stones/Ota, or Toure for Fena, or Kun for Jesus. Can't see chances in all three positions.

Swansea are much improved and will be a test. They're very well organised under Clement and good/strong/fast on the break. Early goal though and it'll be floodgates opening like West Ham IMO.

Final score prediction. 4 - 0 City with goals from each of the wing wizards whoever plays up top and another one from renaissance man Yaya.

I'd drop De Bruyne for Ferny for one reason - Gylfi Sigurdsson. He's a key cog in Swansea's play and he'll look to get into space behind our midfield and in front of the defence. With Yaya on his own in there he'll find more opportunities to influence the game. Swansea will not look long as often as Palace/West Ham do, they'll look to get the ball into Gylfi and he'll try and find space between the lines.

For that reason you keep the front three who will chase all game still, you keep Silva in for his ability to control the pace of the game. You allow Yaya the role to dictate play from deep without having to cover too much ground by getting Fernandinho (or Delph) on to make sure Sigurdsson is marked out of the game. Stop him and you stop Swansea in my opinion. We've got plenty of attacking threat to win the game still. Ideally we can be a couple of goals up and make some changes around 60 minutes.

Defensively it's tough. Kompany is too good not to play regardless of the mid week result, but it depends on doctors orders. I don't trust Clichy at all so perversely I'd play him in this one, rest Kolarov as Clichy just can't seem to cope at all with defending or passing these days.

sane, sterling and jesus all have to start! they are young and full of confidence at the minute and we should let them continue!

I'd drop De Bruyne for Ferny for one reason - Gylfi Sigurdsson. He's a key cog in Swansea's play and he'll look to get into space behind our midfield and in front of the defence. With Yaya on his own in there he'll find more opportunities to influence the game. Swansea will not look long as often as Palace/West Ham do, they'll look to get the ball into Gylfi and he'll try and find space between the lines.

For that reason you keep the front three who will chase all game still, you keep Silva in for his ability to control the pace of the game. You allow Yaya the role to dictate play from deep without having to cover too much ground by getting Fernandinho (or Delph) on to make sure Sigurdsson is marked out of the game. Stop him and you stop Swansea in my opinion. We've got plenty of attacking threat to win the game still. Ideally we can be a couple of goals up and make some changes around 60 minutes.

Defensively it's tough. Kompany is too good not to play regardless of the mid week result, but it depends on doctors orders. I don't trust Clichy at all so perversely I'd play him in this one, rest Kolarov as Clichy just can't seem to cope at all with defending or passing these days.

I would never ever for any reason in any game drop De Bruyne. I find the notion pretty ridiculous to be honest (and I know Pep's done it before).

I would never ever for any reason in any game drop De Bruyne. I find the notion pretty ridiculous to be honest (and I know Pep's done it before).

Dropping De Bruyne because of Gylfi Sigurdsson is just the daftest suggestion I’ve heard. They should drop Gylfi Sigurdsson and play a DM then to stop Super Kev!

Dropping De Bruyne because of Gylfi Sigurdsson is just the daftest suggestion I’ve heard. They should drop Gylfi Sigurdsson and play a DM then to stop Super Kev!

Innit! Plus we're at home. For me if Pep messes with the Silva/KDB axis he's MAD.

Gylfi is a quality player and can understand your reasoning for that switch if we were say away but we are the home team her vying for the top 4 and they are away fighting relegation, I think it will be more the case of Paul Clement finding a way to try and stop De Bruyne rather than Pep thinking negatively and a way to stop Gylfi.

We play the same formation and personnel as Wednesday and there is no reason why we wont dominate and win regardless of a new found Swansea and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Only change I would even consider is Kompany for one of the centre halfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.