Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always have the feeling it was the players making a point, bit like Chelsea last season/this season more than Pelli's input. But there again I never took to Pelli following someone like Bob was never going to be an easy act to follow, having said that for 3/4 of his first season we were arguably the best team in the world at home.

Wouldn't go that far, I loved Mancini but we regularly got absolutely humped in Europe at home!

Huge game on Sunday for me. Interesting to see what side Pep goes with. In his shoes i'd be loathed to make many/if any changes. How do you put in Kun in when you have to take out one of Sterling or Sane (or Jesus) - all three of whom were instrumental to the West Ham win. Similarly i'd love Vinny to get 90 minutes in a PL game but how do you take anyone out of a back 4 which has just kept a clean sheet away in the PL and looked relatively secure for the first time in ages. Even Toure vs Fernandinho. Right now Toure's playing at such a high level that bringing Ferna in would feel like a step backwards in terms of what we are as an attacking unit.

So my guess. Of the decisions Pep's gotta make, he'll change in one area. So either Vinny for Stones/Ota, or Toure for Fena, or Kun for Jesus. Can't see chances in all three positions.

Swansea are much improved and will be a test. They're very well organised under Clement and good/strong/fast on the break. Early goal though and it'll be floodgates opening like West Ham IMO.

Final score prediction. 4 - 0 City with goals from each of the wing wizards whoever plays up top and another one from renaissance man Yaya.

Main thing is not to underestimate Swansea. On paper we should stuff them, but football is not played on paper.

I think the team needs to change for tactical reasons, but I'm not clever enough to suggest how. I doubt they'll give us the acres of space West Ham did.

Wouldn't go that far, I loved Mancini but we regularly got absolutely humped in Europe at home!

Sorry but that's absolute BS. These are all of Mancini's European home game results (UEFA Cup & Champion's League), he didn't lose one at home.

Man City 2-0 Timisoara
Man City 1-1 Juventus
Man City 3-1 Lech Poznan
Man City 3-0 Salzburg
Man City 3-0 Aris
Man City 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Man City 1-1 Napoli
Man City 2-1 Villarreal
Man City 2-0 Bayern
Man City 4-0 Porto
Man City 3-2 Sporting
Man City 1 Borussia Dortmund 1
Man City 2 Ajax 2
Man City 1 Real Madrid 1

Sorry but that's absolute BS. These are all of Mancini's European home game results (UEFA Cup & Champion's League), he didn't lose one at home.

Man City 2-0 Timisoara
Man City 1-1 Juventus
Man City 3-1 Lech Poznan
Man City 3-0 Salzburg
Man City 3-0 Aris
Man City 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Man City 1-1 Napoli
Man City 2-1 Villarreal
Man City 2-0 Bayern
Man City 4-0 Porto
Man City 3-2 Sporting
Man City 1 Borussia Dortmund 1
Man City 2 Ajax 2
Man City 1 Real Madrid 1

We were absolutely humped by BVB & Madrid.
That we somehow nicked a draw doesn't alter that.
We were not good in Europe home or away under Mancini and as I said, I loved him.

Huge game on Sunday for me. Interesting to see what side Pep goes with. In his shoes i'd be loathed to make many/if any changes. How do you put in Kun in when you have to take out one of Sterling or Sane (or Jesus) - all three of whom were instrumental to the West Ham win. Similarly i'd love Vinny to get 90 minutes in a PL game but how do you take anyone out of a back 4 which has just kept a clean sheet away in the PL and looked relatively secure for the first time in ages. Even Toure vs Fernandinho. Right now Toure's playing at such a high level that bringing Ferna in would feel like a step backwards in terms of what we are as an attacking unit.

So my guess. Of the decisions Pep's gotta make, he'll change in one area. So either Vinny for Stones/Ota, or Toure for Fena, or Kun for Jesus. Can't see chances in all three positions.

Swansea are much improved and will be a test. They're very well organised under Clement and good/strong/fast on the break. Early goal though and it'll be floodgates opening like West Ham IMO.

Final score prediction. 4 - 0 City with goals from each of the wing wizards whoever plays up top and another one from renaissance man Yaya.

Perhaps Pep could legitimately be accused of making too many changes this season, but I would like to see all three of Kompany, Fernadhino & Aguero play. Vinny needs games, but not too many. A February workload of Swansea, Bournemouth & Monacco should be ideal. Yaya has been playing well but is due a rest. The front three on Wednesday were exceptional, but realistically they're not going going to play week in week out for the rest of the season. Aguero needs to be re-introduced at some stage and the longer he's left out the more difficult that process will be. And any three from Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, and Sane should work. I would like to see both Aguero and Jesus play against Swansea, with Jesus playing wide.

We were absolutely humped by BVB & Madrid.
That we somehow nicked a draw doesn't alter that.
We were not good in Europe home or away under Mancini and as I said, I loved him.

Well to be fair you only specified at home... and your 2 examples out of 14 doesn't constitute 'regularly'. However, I do agree we were outplayed at home in those games... yet somehow didn't lose.

But in the interest of halting the digression, if we can finally start to take our chances as we have been recently I can see us getting 3pts and healthily boosting our goal difference on Sunday.

Well to be fair you only specified at home... and your 2 examples out of 14 doesn't constitute 'regularly'. However, I do agree we were outplayed at home in those games... yet somehow didn't lose.

But in the interest of halting the digression, if we can finally start to take our chances as we have been recently I can see us getting 3pts and healthily boosting our goal difference on Sunday.

Agreed, we need our home form back. I think that will come with more solidity at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.