Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we scored 4 or more goals 17 times in Pellegrinis first season, miles ahead of any Mancini side.
Always have the feeling it was the players making a point, bit like Chelsea last season/this season more than Pelli's input. But there again I never took to Pelli following someone like Bob was never going to be an easy act to follow, having said that for 3/4 of his first season we were arguably the best team in the world at home.

You could argue it was Ball's as well. You'd still be wrong.
Yes, but not nearly as wrong - probably 90% of Pellegrini's successful squad also played under Mancini, whereas none of them played under Ball to my knowledge.

I'm not suggesting (other than as a joke) that Mancini deserves all the credit for our 2014 title campaign, but he certainly had a big impact on the structure and mentality of the team that Pellegrini tweaked and effectively managed to the title. Credit where credit's due. You could even credit Hughes with signing some of our key players as well, although he never really got them playing to their full capacity.

with Swansea's 3 wins out of the last 4 league games, we need to be wary but really go at them like we did at W Ham. Nice long break after this so play the strongest fittest team

Caballero
Zaba, Ota, Stones, Clichy
Toure
Silva
Sane KDB Jesus
Aguero

might be a little attacking heavy but sod it. Sterling can replace anyone with the slightest of knocks and Delph/Nolito to firm things up on the hour.

Yes, but not nearly as wrong - probably 90% of Pellegrini's successful squad also played under Mancini, whereas none of them played under Ball to my knowledge.

I'm not suggesting (other than as a joke) that Mancini deserves all the credit for our 2014 title campaign, but he certainly had a big impact on the structure and mentality of the team that Pellegrini tweaked and effectively managed to the title. Credit where credit's due. You could even credit Hughes with signing some of our key players as well, although he never really got them playing to their full capacity.

Rather like Paisley taking over from Shankley at Liverpool. Paisley had much the better trophy record but Shankley laid the foundations.

Really do think we need to rest Sane, as one poster on here had observed as well, Kid looked knackered at the end of the last game and I believe he's played the most minutes of the Holy Trinity over the last 3 games, he's also had a few muscle niggles over the last few months so let's be safe rather than sorry

Let's try this
-----------Caballero
Sagna---Kompany-Stones--Kolarov
--------KDB--Yaya--Silva
Sterling---Aguero--Jesus

Isn't Raheem banned? He's had 5 yellows this year and thought that was a one game ban?

If so I'd put Sergio in for him - be good to see him play with Jesus.

Isn't Raheem banned? He's had 5 yellows this year and thought that was a one game ban?

If so I'd put Sergio in for him - be good to see him play with Jesus.
The 5-yellow ban only applies until Dec 31, so 10 is the limit now (I think it has a deadline too, somewhere in April IIRC), and in that case the ban is for 2 games. Currently, I think only Otamendi is at a risk for this as he's already on 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.