Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory cells are as reliable as our back four has been this season but wasn't the spurs 6-0 a Roberto game, the one where Navas scored almost before we'd kicked off. Can't remember the Norwich game - was that at home or was it the one at Carrow Road? I'm sure Carlos Alberto T played in that game?

The Norwich 7-0 was definitely a Pelli game at the Etihad, when the Beast was in his prime.

Watched Clements pre American conference and he's good. I like him. He poo pooed the talk the insane who reckon Pep has and continues to and will ultimately fail

He gave a lot of common sense answers. Wish him well after Sunday.

We need to start rapid. Absolutely no slacking no matter who plays.

So far, no opposition manager has targeted Yaya when he's played as the single pivot. That wont last.
Klopp targeted Yaya after 20 minutes at theirs.

They all sprinted at Yaya as soon as he got possession......disrupted our flow,he couldn't pick his passes or keep the carousel turning.

We'll need a plan 'B' Mr Pep.

Bravo

Zaba
Vinny
Stones
Clichy

Fernando
Garcia
Delph

Navas
Aguero
Nolito

Oh wait, that's our reserve team!!!

To be honest I'd have kept a clean sheet against West Ham.
Willy certainly didn't have much to do, but I'd be impressed if you could have rushed out and nicked the ball off Snodgrass's boot at full stretch like he did. It didn't go down as a shot on target, but only because of Caballero's quick decision and great play.

Klopp targeted Yaya after 20 minutes at theirs.

They all sprinted at Yaya as soon as he got possession......disrupted our flow,he couldn't pick his passes or keep the carousel turning.

We'll need a plan 'B' Mr Pep.

When Pellegrini was the manager, some of our best most fluent attacking performances were when Yaya played in a midfield two. Unfortunately some of our worst defensive performances were when Yaya played in a midfield two.

I think the same will apply if we continue to play him as a single pivot.

Willy certainly didn't have much to do, but I'd be impressed if you could have rushed out and nicked the ball off Snodgrass's boot at full stretch like he did. It didn't go down as a shot on target, but only because of Caballero's quick decision and great play.
I'm very impressive. (I was in net for Lancaster up to under 18 level)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.