Swansea - Post match thread

When i say chances i don't mean shots, he didn't make most of the positions he was in, multiple times he made the wrong decision and the attacks fizzled out. His worst game this season in terms of decision making, but he'll improve, so no biggie.
His final ball when out wide was shocking today.

Phew. Made hard work after an insanely dominant first half. Jesus is amazing and RIP Sergio

A few teams have seemingly targeted Clichy as a weakness, not just with diagonal long balls, but also when City are in possession, knowing that he’s probably the least comfortable player on the ball.

Otherwise, we needed a 2nd goal, but a combination of self indulgent interplay (for all our pressure, Fabianski hardly made a save) coupled with yet another strange interpretation of what actually constitutes a penalty, conspired to make the game far more difficult than it should have been.

Thankfully it didn’t matter, but it’s ridiculous the way we allow games to drift.

Two different City performances either half.
First half was complete dominance, but a 1-0 scoreline was always dangerous.

Second half, we lost our intensity and precision, and Swansea started to have much more of the ball. The longer the game went on, the more they grew in confidence and the inevitable happened.

I've yet to see replays, but the first half had was looked to me to be a clear penalty on Sterling - nothing given. The 'dive' booking looked incredibly harsh too, but I blame the linesman, not the ref.

Sterling looks much better when full of confidence and I appreciated his contribution today (rare for me).
I thought Kolarov also had a decent game all in all. Clichy worries me far too often these days. Fernandinho did 'ok' at RB.

Yaya had a good first half, but was conceding possession in the latter stages of the second half with sloppy passes - he wasn't the only one mind.

Aguero's going to have to bide his time until someone's form dips enough for him to get back in the side - and that's the way it ought to be. Pep might have different ideas though, and rotate our strikers, but I'm a traditionalist and believe if someone's on form, they get into the start XI and stay there until it's they dip.

We got out of jail today, and it's a significant 3 points after our rivals performances. A psychological blow? - probably not, but certainly a reminder that no team (including ourselves) can afford to get complacent, lest their rivals take advantage of dropped points.

To be fair Swansea are no mugs. They won at Liverpool and I think clement is a good manager. Pep said the gap between first and second half was not acceptable - he is improving us no doubt - be patient!
Agreed Worsley said all along pep will get rid of some dead wood add players in the summer who pep wants and watch us go match of the day will go in to meltdown Merson will hit the crack again and we'll storm the league happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.